The Qin Goddesses of Pyeongjang

The Unfinished Tale (to be edited)

When Lady Soo saw her future daughter-in-law enter the dining room,she smiled. She had always been fond of the girl ever since she was first introduced as a young girl shyly greeting the lady of the household. 

Flashback 

Soo gently smiled at Kim San Hyuk, who proudly introduced a shy young girl wearing a yellow hanbok. "My lady, may I introduce my young daughter, Kim Da Hyeon.  She is the same age so your children. " the minister said.  "My lord, there is no need for formalities. I am just Lady Soo. "She looked at her eldest Lee Hwon who seemed awestruck at the girl tightly holding on to her father's hand. "This is Lee Hwon, Kang Chul and Hae Seol. You can spend some of your time with them here when ever you want. " Hae Seol smiled brightly at that. She took a step forward and held Da Yeon's hand. "Do you want to play with me? " she asked. 

Da Yeon nodded and both girls ran towards her chambers, forming a deep bond between them. 

End of Flashback

"My lady." Da Yeon greeted her. "Da Yeon-ah, how many times have I told you to not greet me so properly?" "It is my way of respecting you, My-Eommeonim." The girl corrected herself. Soo extended her hand and motioned for the girl to take a seat. "I just wanted to discuss sone things with you, my dear. The festivities will continue this afternoon. As per tradition, a woman has to perform the qin. But since the royal family is here, I wanted to make the performance a little more special." Da Yeon knew what the older lady wanted and smiled widely. "You want me and Seol to play the qin."

Soo nodded. "Who is more better at playing the qin than the Qin Goddesses of Pyeongjang? I am sure the Hae Clan and the people of Pyeongjang will look forward to your performance.It's been a while since the two of you played together. " "I shall accept it, Eommeonim.But does Seol know about this? "Da Yeon couldn't help but ask. "She already knows, in fact, it was her idea to have the two of you play for this year's festivities."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the afternoon, the market of Pyeongjang was bustling with activity and it was filled with excitement. Not only were the royal party here, but also the renowned Qin Goddesses .

"I am so excited. The Hae Clan's Lady Seol and Kim Clan's Da Yeon is going to play again. Together, at that!" A woman exclaimed. A man joyfully said to his wife, "Whenever they play, the audience goes silent. Even the animals stays still to listen to the fine tune of the playing qin! " The wife only rolled her eyes at her husband. "Husband, you clearly are just exaggerating!" The man shook his head. "No, I am not! It is said that Lady Da Yeon captured her bethrothed's full affection with just a single of her qin!" When the wife heard this, her face became excited. "Then I must listen to their music! If what Husband says is true, then Pyeongjang must be blessed to have such talents here!"

And the people went on with their excitement. 

At the sound of the festival horn, everybody turned to look at a magnificent view. At the center of the city pavilion, on an elegantly designed podium, sat Lady Hae Seol and Lady Da Yeon. Both young women held their precious qin close. While Seol was dressed in purple and pink, Da Yeon chose her blue and yellow ensemble with her hair in an elegant braid with her accessories adorning it. Seol's hair, was similar to Da Yeon yet her hair had a winged jade hairpin. 

On the private stands, Lady Soo smiled as she watched her daughters prepare. Kang Chul leaned eagerly in his seat. "Eommeoni, many people are here. And it seems as though the pavilion will burst." He said. "Is there enough inscence for their performance?" the lady merely asked. Her second son nodded. "Yes.They have enough for the performance." Kang Chul looked behind him. When the young man saw his older brother, he smiled teasingly. "If only I could capture such expression." Lee Hwon glared at him as he focused again to Da Yeon, who had already started playing the qin with Seol starting to make the beat a little bit faster. Not long enough, the two started the fast pace,  the only sound that could be heard was the playing of the qin, going faster and more upbeat and then suddenly slowing to a slow beat .

After the play,  many activities followed. And eveeything felt very fun and exhilarating. Though to Lee Hwon, Kang Chul and Seol, it felt like the calm before the storm.

And it was already coming. 

Hey guys! I'm back! Sorry if Soo in my fanfic sems a little OOC but well you know, it's a fanfic. And is qin supposed to be used during the Goryeo era? I am not so familiar with their instruments. And I just thought, hey, why not make one of the main characters play the qin? And BAM, there it goes. 

And so, here it is! Hope ypu enjoyed it and have a blessed Sunday! (Cause today's Sunday here) 

XOXO, 

SHANA13