A New Life

The Unfinished Tale (to be edited)

8 years later......

"Young Lord! Please slow down! Young Lord!" a maid yelled as she ran after the young boy. "You must catch me first!" he smirked as he turned around to reveal dark eyes filled with mischief. 

"Kang Chul!" another voice yelled, making the boy stop. "Hyungnim." he said, flashing a bright smile as a boy wearing a dark hanbok appeared, a slight frown on his lips. " You're supposed to be with Lady Hwa Rin." Kang Chul, the boy garbed in purple hanbok pouted at his older twin brother. "But hyungnim-" he started. "Young Lords. My lord, Lady Hwa Rin is looking for you."the maid gasped, holding her aching knees. The older boy nodded, holding his young brother as he was still pouting. "We will go to her." he said politely, dismissing the maid. "Let's go." the two boys walked and slowly went to the Lady's rooms.

"Lee Hwon. Kang Chul. Sit down." Lady Hwa Rin commanded as the two young boys entered and bowed at her. Lee Hwon and Kang Chul sat down, beside a young girl who giggled at them. "Orabeoni, what took you so long?" she asked her gentle face showing her amusement. Kang Chul pouted again while Lee Hwon smiled fondly at his sister. "I think Kang Chul is nursing a wounded pride, Seol-ah. He is the fastest runner after all." he said, his signatuere smirk on his face. Seeing the bickering between the siblings, Lady Hwa Rin cleared . "Let us proceed with our lessons. Lee Hwon-ah, what are the values needed to run a household properly and justly?" she gently asked. The oldest straightened and proceeded to recite them, adding the reasons and importance of the values.

In the starry night, three stars blinked and shined aa it surrounded a bright star.


11 years later...

"Pyeha, the rice storage in the south is flowing steadily, providing enough food for the nobles and commonees alike. The borders are also protected and is daily checjed by our scouts, ready for any sign of trouble." one of the ministers reported, gaining a small nod of approval from the king as he read the same report on a scroll.

As he put away the scroll, a Hae Minister bowed and the proceeded with his report. "Pyeha, the spring festival in Pyeongjang(Hae hometown) is coming. We, the Hae Clan request permission to return to our hometown to celebrate the festivities." the minister said. When the king heard this, he paused and put down his scroll. "Is it?" the king thought and decided. "Then you have my permission. However, I have been hearing so much about this spring festival in your hometown.So, the royal family will travel with you and witness the festivities. Including me. Ji Mong, prepare the needed things for the journey." the king said.

The ministers rose up to protest but the king held up a hand. "No. I will not be persuaded from this. This meeting is adjourned. Good day to you." the king stood up and immediately exited the throne room, leaving a comfused crowd of ministers.

In one corner, the Hae ministers and some elders felt dread as they heard the king's announcement.


 "My lady.This is Lady Hwa Rin." the woman put aside her cup of tea as she heard the lady's voice. "You may enter." Lady Hwa Rin immediately swept into the room and bowed to the woman. "Lady Soo, there is news from Songak. From the Hae elders. They say that the king has granted them permission to travel back here." Lady Soo smiled at the news.But upon seeing the worried look on the other woman' s face frowned. "There is more. Am I right?" Lady Hwa Rin nodded. "The king has also decided to join the entourage traveling here. Including the rest of the royal family."