The Journey (Part 2)

The Unfinished Tale (to be edited)

Since New Year is almost near, I decided to double update. And also this is my late Christmas gift.

Will So quickly realize the truth? Or will he never know about them? 



When the young man entered the tent, he felt as though the air was knocked out from him.The man looked suspiciously like him and even more so when he wore a dark hanbok, just like when he was young. It cannot be, no he thought as he looked at the man who introduced himself as Lee Hwon from the Hae Clan. Realizing that everyone was now looking at him, he cleared his throat and addressed his look-alike."Stand up." he ordered.

*************************************

He was confused. When he greeted the king, he had looked as though he was shocked. Why though? he thought. Lee Hwon was also struck by how much he had looked like the king. The young man resolved to ask his mother when they come back. And I will make sure to have answers.

The man beside the king, the astronomer also greeted him with a knowing look in his eyes. He then remembered his brother. When he turned around, he saw the shocked look on his face. "This is my brother, Kang Chul." he said. "Greetings, Pyeha." his brother slowly said. 

After the introductions, they slowly discussed how they were going to the king to the main residence and how they will assign the security detail around the royal family. A few hours later, the meeting ended. And Lee Hwon and Kang Chul went outside the tent and started discussing about what they discovered.


"I don't think it is a coincidence, Chul-ah. Even the king was shocked.Only Mother can explain to us. She never would have kept secrets from us. Never." Lee Hwon whispered, knowing there will be ears everywhere. "I know. It's too unlikely that you share almost the same face with the king. And I know for a fact that we don't share a drop of blood with him.Or. there is something behind this. A secret?" his younger brother whispered back. Lee Hwon scowled. "This is a part of politics that I never liked. All the secrets. It makes me want to retch into a pail." Kang Chul smirked mischievously. "I can give you a pail right now, hyungnim." his brother's scowl deepened. "Shut up."

When he spotted a corner, he immediately laid down at the corner and stretched his arms out. "If someone looks for me, tell them I am busy. You know I don't lie anyone interrupting my sleep." "Sure." The only response he got was a glare.


The king was walking down the camp when he spotted a figure sleeping under a tree. Approaching the figure, he realized with a start that it was Lee Hwon, the man who looked a lot like him. "Jimong, why does he look a lot like me? Even that boy, Ju. never ever looked a lot like me." he said. "There are stories, regarding shadow twins, Pyeha. Look alikes. They sometimes have the same face with another person, to torment them." the astronomer replied.

But I said two persons who had the same face, never person who looked a lot like another person the astronomer thought.


A few days later, the led the king and his entourage into Pyeongjang and then into the main Hae Clan complex. When the king approached a group of elders, he stopped as he saw her. His one and only queen. Hae Soo. Who, if ever, looked more beautiful than ever. 

But then he remembered Lee Hwon, and Kang Chul and then finally, a young girl standing beside his love.

....................................................................

And then he knew.

 

For the last 19 years, Soo. his Soo, had carried and raised his children.

And he felt shocked, angry, elated and sad.

Shocked, as they had not one, but three children.

Angry, because his Soo kept him away from their children.

Elated, because he had children with his beloved Soo.

And sad, because he wasn't there when they needed him most.

 

When he looked at Soo, and underdstood. He finally understood.

She threw everything away for their children. For them to live freely.

 

And that was the most damning of them all.