Remember

Exchange Student

I opened my eyes. What was I doing?

I pushed Yoongi away.

“What are you doing?” oh god

“You just kept talking and that was the only way I thought of to make you stop talking." he took a step closer to me, I backed up a step.

I looked him in the eyes and...ran. Gosh this was so embarrassing I was never going to be able to look at him again.

“JIMIN DON’T RUN AWAY FROM ME.” Yoongi chased after me. Aaaaaaaaaahhhh no why?

“JIMIN STOP” hell no I was not going to stop, I was almost at my house.

I turned around, he was right behind me, I tried running a faster but I was tired.

I grabbed my keys out my pocket I reached the door to my house, hurry Yoongi wasn’t far behind me.

I unlocked the door and walked in I was about to close it but Yoongi had his foot in the way, he pushed to open the door and I pushed to close it but in the end he won and came inside. I was so close. Whyyyyyyyy? 

“Yoongi, get out of my house...i dont want to see you."

“NO, I am not leaving until we talk.”

“Can we just talk tomorrow? Please.”

“Why don’t you…Jimin why are you looking at the ground when you talk to me. Look at me”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because.”

“Because what?”

“Because I am embarrassed ok.” He laughed

“Why are you embarrassed? Because we kissed.”

“Shut up, shut up, shut up.” He laughed again.

“Is that why you ran off? Why are you embarrassed? It was just a kiss.” I took a deep breath.

“Ok so what is it that you wanted to talk about?” I needed to calm down a bit “Wait I need to put my bag away and change I’ll be back”  I walked to the stairs I looked back and Yoongi was following me. “What are you doing Yoongi? I told you to stay.”

“First of I am not a dog to be told to stay and well because I don’t want to be alone.” I looked at him, he smiled.

“Fine you can come up to my room.” I kept walking and he followed.

I slowly opened the door to my room and peaked in. ok I have nothing out that I need to hide. I opened the door for him to come in. He walked to the bed and sat down.

“Ok just let me change then we can talk.” I grabbed some clothes went into the restroom and changed. I stared at myself in the mirror...at my lips. I blushed, we had kissed. I dont know why i am making such a big deal about it, its not like it was my first kiss.

Hurry so he can say what he has to then he can leave.

I walked out the restroom “What do you have to say?” he didn’t answer. I looked at my bed.

Yoongi was asleep. WTF how did he fall asleep so fast I was gone for like 5 minutes. I walked over to the bed.

He looked so peaceful when he slept, so calm, he looked cute. I sat down in the bed next to him. Should I let him sleep or should I wake him.

He opened his eyes “Why did you take so long?”

“What? I only took 5 minutes.” He smiled and sat up.

“Ok, can I talk now are you going to give me another speech?”

“You can talk now.”

“Are you going to listen to me?”

“Yes I am, say what you need to say.”

“First off I don’t hate you I have been telling you that and you seem not to understand that. Park Jimin I don’t hate you, I am just a little upset with you.”

“Ok so you don’t hate me but you are upset.” He nodded “May I ask why you are upset with me?”

“I am upset because you don’t remember.”

“Remember what?”

“When we met, you don’t remember that.”

“I do remember Yoongi. You didn’t shake my hand and you shoved me.”

“See? You don’t remember.” He stayed quiet “Maybe this will make you remember…Chimchim”

That name sounded so familiar.........I hadn’t been called that in a long time. Suddenly a memory came back.

-------------

“Mom why does no one want to play with me?”

“They would play with you Jimin if you went over there and tried talking to the other kids.”

“But I want to play with Jackson.”

“Jackson left already, you have to make new friends.” I don’t want to play with the other kids, I wanted to play with Jackson but mom said he isn’t coming back.

“Jimin I am going to talk to my friends over there go and play ok?”

“Mom I am only 6 you can’t leave me alone” she walked away, I don’t want to go with the other kids what if they don’t like me. I stayed in the bench.

“Hey kid, do you want to play with me?” I looked up and saw a kid he looked to be around my age maybe some years older. He had black hair and was really pale maybe he was a ghost. I don’t think so thought the other kids could see him, he looked preety real.

“Yes…”

“Ok come on, why are you alone?”

“Because my friend left and I don’t know anyone else and my mom left me to talk to her friends.” I pointed to where my mom was.

“That’s you mom? She is talking to my mom.” He pointed at his mom they had the same black hair and pale skin, not as pale as his but pale.

“Your mom is pretty.” He smiled

“Come on lets go to the swings.”

We played together for a while then my mom came

“Let’s go we have to go home, we have to go cook for when dad gets home.”

I turned to the kid “Bye I am leaving, I’ll see you next time.”

“Wait what is your name? So I can ask my mom to let me go see you so we can play.”

“It’s Chimin”

“Chimin?”

“NO! Chimin!”

“That’s what I said Chimin.”

“It’s with a J in the front not Ch.”

“But you said Chimin, ok ill just call you… Chimchim.” I smiled, he gave me a nickname. “Ok then Chimchim bye.”

He giggled and went with his mom.

-------------------

I remember that kid we played together all the time he was my best friend. We use to always be together. We had made a promise not to forget each other when my parents sent me to go study abroad  when i was 9 and I never saw him again.

His name was…Yoongi.

I turned to Yoongi “S…Suga is it…really you?


Hello guys, 

sorry i took long to update, i took long because you guys might have gotten annoyed with me updating so much.

i hope you guys enjoy the chapter!

 

-Park Ji-hyun