ᴷᵀᴴ × ᴾᴶᴹ | do better

depths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

i don't know what it is, it just happened. inspired by chris brown - do better.

 

He was walking through the dorm as he took a look at every single object on his way. He wanted to remember every little detail, no matter how unimportant it might was. He simply couldn't accept the fact that he was about to give up on everything, everything he had been working for, everything they had been working for. As he arrived in the living room he dared to sit down on their cozy couch for one last time. He knew he would be missing everything inside this apartment, literally everything. Sadness was welling up inside him as the tears started to form in his eyes. He had promised himself to not cry anymore, however, just at that moment he knew he couldn't keep the promise to himself. So he broke it, he let go of the tears, let them make their way down his cheeks until the dropped from his chin onto his hands which were carefully placed on top of his legs.

He closed his eyes for a while, feeling the atmosphere of the room for the very last time. So, so many memories started to flood his mind and he had to be careful in order not to lose his mind. He had already been dangerously close to losing his grip on reality these past few months, he couldn't risk loosing it once more. He knew he would lose the fight this time.

During the last few months he had learned what a home was supposed to feel like, because his home slowly turned into a place that felt so foreign to him. Even though his friends had been there with him, they couldn't change the fact that his home didn't feel like home any longer. Soon he had had to realize that he had to look for another place to call his home and so he started his secret search for a new home. He hadn't told anything to his friends. He knew it would be as hard for them as it was for him, however, he simply couldn't live in a place any longer where he would continuously hurt the person he loved the most. He couldn't stay in a place where Jimin would start hating him more and more with each passing day. His own heart was slowly growing colder with each day, empty because love never had been returned the way it had been graving for it. He had been slowly dying, fading away, however, he liked the concept of life itself too much, he couldn't just give up on himself and lose a fight against the made up world inside his mind.

Jimin didn't love him.

Taehyung had been in love with Jimin for such a long time, he couldn't even remember when it had first started. He had simply been lost in love until he had realized that he had already fallen too deep. There hadn't been any way out, still wasn't.

For months he had kept his love a secret, not letting anyone know about it. However, two of his hyungs, Yoongi and Hoseok, eventually got to know his secret by watching him. They had once told him that he would stare at the slightly older man and no matter how many times they would call his name, he would never respond. Until that day Taehyung hadn't known about his own behavior, but from that day on he had been more careful. However, eventually Jimin had noticed the change in the other and had asked him so many times if something had happened between the two of them, asked if he had done anything wrong. Each time, Taehyung hadn't known what or how to respond, he just walked away instead. For weeks he had kept up that behavior and soon Jimin had grown sick of it. Taehyung had been pretty sure Jimin was mad at him, but he couldn't talk to the elder. He had been afraid of revealing himself, his feelings. He never wanted to be the reason for Jimin not to be content with his life and so he kept quiet.

Taehyung had known all the way along that the elder hadn't been interested in men, however, still Taehyung's heart had thought it would be a good idea to fall for the straight guy. So many times Taehyung had thought about it, screaming at himself in his mind, asking himself why he couldn't have fallen in love with the youngest of them, Jungkook, another one who was just like he himself. Both of them knew about the other's preference about men over women, still they couldn't fall for each other. Both of their hearts had decided to fall in love with those they could never call their own. For Taehyung it had been Jimin. For Jungkook it had been Hoseok.

However, one day Taehyung had been too lost in the world he had built in his mind, a world where he had been able to live happily ever after with Jimin. He had brough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter