ᴶᴴˢ × ᴷᴺᴶ × ᴹᵞᴳ | beware of the dimples and gums

depths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, so maybe he had planned to visit one of those underground rap battles in the near future. However, while ‘near future’ could basically be anytime he didn’t think he would end up at one just two days after he had decided to do so. His best friend Namjoon had dragged him there since he was one of those underground rappers himself. Honestly, Hoseok was excited to go there, though he also felt slightly intimidated. Why? He didn’t really know. Maybe because Namjoon took him there and he always got nervous whenever the slightly younger took him anywhere. Sometimes due to them getting into minor accidents whenever the younger was driving, the younger hurting himself while taking public transport, or due the rapid beating of his heart whenever Namjoon was in close proximity to him. Which was basically all day every day. Hoseok was screwed.

There had been a time when Hoseok wanted to become an underground rapper himself as well, but as time had passed by and ‘free’ time just got swallowed by all the things he had to do on a daily base he gave up on that idea, wish, dream. Whatever. He had always been kinda jealous of his best friend as he had managed to become a rather well known underground rapper even though his life was just as busy as Hoseok’s, but he had never been bitter about it for even a second. Namjoon honestly deserved to be well known. He was a genius, especially when it came to music. However, Hoseok couldn’t just turn of the slight jealousy, and there was one thing Namjoon had never had to put all his time into like Hoseok, which was dancing. Sometimes it seemed like Namjoon really had two left feet. To be honest, sometimes Hoseok felt like the slightly younger male was doing it on purpose, being all clumsy and . Hoseok loved him nonetheless. It didn’t matter to him, because in his heart he knew Namjoon was a good dancer even if the younger always said he couldn’t dance at all and was more often dripping over his own feet than not.

He sighed heavily as he looked up at the stage where two rappers were dissing each other like there was no tomorrow. Hoseok rolled his eyes several times throughout the battle as the raps were really off beat and, to be honest, pretty bad. Rapping isn’t just throwing words at each other. God damn it. Hoseok was sure if he would go up there, without any preparation, he would still be about 70 times better than all of those self-proclaimed hardcore-badass-genius-rappers. Seriously, one of them even called himself the king of rap. ‘Honestly, wtf? None of them would stand a chance against Namjoon.’ Hoseok thought as he shook his head, looking around the crowd to find the younger. Unfortunately Namjoon was nowhere to be seen, even though his hair was a lot brighter than basically all of the people around the stage. Before they had left their apartment to come here he had thought there was no way he could lose Namjoon in the crowd. Well, he had been wrong apparently. His previous comparison of Namjoon to a bright streetlight was obviously proven wrong. With another sigh he decided to just move around the crowd for a while, hoping he would find Namjoon without meeting any people he knew from university, or from his job, or those annoying friends his other friends sometimes brought to their meet-ups. Honestly, most of them were annoying as , but he couldn’t just tell them to off. He was simply too nice. Sometimes he hated his parents who turned him into a nice, caring person who wouldn’t even dare to be mean, or offensive, to anyone in any way. He sighed once more at the thought, shaking his head the slightest bit. He knew if he would just go up on that stage he would be able to forget everything about his upbringing and spit fire, diss those noobs like they were nothing more than a carpet for him to wipe his dirty shoes off on. He would literally spit fire and burn them, but they didn’t have to know that. ‘Big words, idiot.’ He scolded himself in his mind, knowing he would first have to grow the balls to actually step onto that stage.

In the beginning he didn’t even realize when the track changed and apparently a new pair of rappers got onto the stage. His head shot to the stage as he listened to one of the voices, it sounded so very young, and for a moment he even thought it was a girl with a manly voice. When he found a fairly young boy performing on stage besides another older looking rapper, Hoseok smirked. The two of them really owned the stage and Hoseok felt proud of the younger rapper even though he had no idea who he was. The crowd was going wild and most of the girls were shouting for the younger rapper. Hoseok knew the young rapper would one day become a pretty important personality in the music industry, and then again, he thought Namjoon would do so too and yet the younger was still holing himself up in his ty, little studio producing songs for those rap battles instead of becoming a real producer for a company. Sometimes Hoseok didn’t understand the younger’s mind, and then again, he knew Namjoon was a smart one and would just go his way, do his things and eventually get himself to be known around the globe. Namjoon always told him to be patient and just let things happen. Namjoon wasn’t one to hurry his life or direct the path it would take, he liked it the way it was at the moment. So, if he wanted to change something in his life he would just wait for the right time or a sign, whatever that might be. However long it took for that desired sign to arrive, Namjoon would patiently wait even if it meant until the end of his days. Hoseok couldn’t do that, he couldn’t be patient. He needed to know he was the boss in his life, making all of his decisions by himself and not allowing anything to be a coincidence.

Instead of looking for Namjoon he then joined the crowd, cheering for the rappers, nodding his head to the beat. He really enjoyed the song and he felt the way his body just wanted to dance to the beat. However, just as he thought ‘ it’ he noticed Namjoon a few steps further away from him, talking to a guy who was smaller than both of them. For a moment Hoseok wasn’t sure if he should join them, however the curiosity was greater so he just let his feet lead the way. The moment he arrived beside Namjoon and his.. friend, the smaller one turned his head to look up at him, obviously judging him for looking at them as he had obviously no idea that he was Namjoon’s friend, best friend. Namjoon’s gaze followed the smaller man’s, and when he finally looked at Hoseok he started to smile brightly, his dimples showing and Hoseok felt the need to hide them from the world. Or just hide Namjoon as a whole from that dirty world they were living in, keeping him safe. They were just too adorable, okay!?

The smaller studied Namjoon’s bright smile for a while, trying to understand why the younger was smiling in the first place.
“Who the are you?” the smaller man snarled at Hoseok, and for a moment Hoseok wasn’t sure if he was supposed to feel offended at the tone of his voice, or coo at him for looking so cute while being an . In the end he decided to keep something akin to a poker face with just the tiniest hint of a smirk playing on his lips. Probably not the best idea, but he didn’t really care at that moment. Beside them Namjoon started to laugh and only when he stopped about a minute later he introduced the both of them.
“Hobi, this is Yoongi hyung. Yoongi hyung, this is my best friend Hoseok, or J-Hope, or Hobi, or Seok, or Seokseok, or-“ Namjoon blinked a few times as he tried to remember all the nicknames his best friend had been given throughout the span of his life.
“I think he got the message.” Hoseok cut him off, looking at the smaller male whose facial expression had changed to one of surprise.
“J-Hope, huh?” Yoongi slightly tilted his head. Hoseok thought it was more than just adorable.
“Yup.” He simply answered, smiling down at the older. Namjoon watched them for a while in interest, not speaking as he felt like they were having a moment. ‘What moment?’ was the question he asked himself in his mind as he remembered they had basically met for the first time about two minutes ago. He was just being weird again.

“You never told me your best friend is J-Hope.” Yoongi stated suddenly, his voice sounding slightly offended. Hoseok had to chuckle at that and Namjoon just blinked as he realized his mistake. Stupid Namjoon. He knew how much Yoongi loved to fanboy about Hoseok on a daily basis. Yoongi would never admit it, and neither would he admit stalking the younger on instagram all the time. Nope.

“Uhh, I told you my best friend is a w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter