ᴶᴶᴷ × ᴹᵞᴳ | the reason i smile

depths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

republished here in depths, since i deleted delights.

requested by: spice_myoongi (wattpad)

it's probably not what you imagined it to be, but i still hope you like it.

 

Describing what Jungkook felt in those moments wasn't easy, it really wasn't. Maybe one could describe it like that: to him it felt like a thousand butterflies started flying around in his stomach, causing him to feel like he was actually flying himself. Every single time a smile would tug at the edges of his lips and would then grow into a wide smile. His cheeks would start to feel warm and each time he would be hiding his cheeks behind his hands due to the feeling that blossomed deep inside of him again and again, causing him to feel lightheaded.

To Jungkook it was just beautiful to watch and each time he would fall further for the older, for his hyung, his bandmate. Yoongi. And his smiles. Oh, the way Yoongi smiled was like heaven on earth to the youngest of the group and if he could he would watch the elder smiling forever. He would never grow tired of it, never. Each time the older smiled Jungkook's world felt alright and whole again, no matter what had happened throughout the day, no matter if they had had a load of practice, preparations, stages or concerts. Yoongi's smiles gifted him a boost of energy each time he would lay eyes on the beautiful face and the even more beautiful smile. Jungkook felt himself drawn to the older, especially when he was smiling. That beautiful gummy smile was what Jungkook was living and breathing for. Unfortunately Yoongi wasn't one to smile often, and so Jungkook eventually made it his own personal mission to make the elder smile as often as possible.

For Yoongi's smiles he would try anything. Smiles were an expression of happiness and so Jungkook graved for not only the elder's smiles, but also for his happiness. And as Yoongi, one day at a concert, collapsed on stage due to exhaustion, Jungkook was more than just determined to bring back the happy smiles onto his hyung's face.

Yoongi was now finally back to the dorm, back from his rather short stay at the hospitals. There he had received some infusions so his body would get better as soon as possible, however ever since he was back, Yoongi's mood was especially bad. Jungkook wasn't the only one to notice, all of them did, but eventually it hurt Jungkook more than the others seeing the rapper like that. Something within himself really couldn't deal with the older looking like he had just caused the biggest mistake ever.

As Yoongi lay in his bed in his room, Jungkook proceeded to his door and nocked without getting an answer. Jungkook nocked some more times, still getting no response, so he decided to just walk inside, no matter what the older would say and if he would be mad at him. However, it did shock him a little bit as there would actually come no response at all from the older as Jungkook closed the door behind his back. He then walked over to the older's bed, sitting down right beside the rapper, who had covered himself completely with the sheets. Jungkook smiled a little, but the worry was back to his face as soon as he heard the older sighing heavily.

"Leave me alone." Yoongi muttered from beneath the sheets. Jungkook shook his head slightly, completely ignoring the fact that his hyung couldn't even see him. "And tell Seokjin hyung I don't wanna eat." Yoongi continued. That worried Jungkook even more, because Yoongi needed to eat in order to get his strength back.
"Hyung, you have to eat." Jungkook simply stated, his eyes still fixed on the silhouette of his hidden hyung. Yoongi obviously hadn't thought Jungkook would be the one to come an bother him as Jungkook noticed the older flinching at his words. Jungkook then pulled the sheets down a little, just to uncover the older's face. He smiled at the older, who looked really trained. Jungkook sighed as the worry just grew inside him. He then brought a hand to the older's hair and caressed it. Yoongi, who had been looking at the maknae with slightly open eyes, closed them again and for some weird reason Jungkook felt like his hyung was actually leaning into his touch. The butterflies started flying again and his cheeks turned red as well. He felt the heat creeping onto his face like the sun was beaming down at him. He continued caressing the older's hair without getting any response from the older, but there indeed was a slight smile of content on the older's face. Jungkook couldn't even believe it, thought he might be imagining things. But, after blinking several times he was sure there was at least that minimal tug on the other's lips. And Jungkook knew he would die happy if he was about to die at the very moment.

He then suddenly shot up, an idea hitting him like a wrecking ball a wall.
"Okay, hyung. If you don't wanna go eat, the food will just come to you." Jungkook stated happily, beaming at his hyung. He then hurried to leave the room and all he heard while walking out was a quite: 'aish, that brat.' Jungkook just smiled at that, walking to the kitchen, explaining the situation to his eldest hyung, who was actually surprised about the maknae's actions. However, Seokjin complied and handed Jungkook a bowl with soup, entrusting an exhausted Yoongi into the, hopefully, caring hands of Jungkook.

Jungkook happily made his way back to Yoongi's room, completely ignoring the knowing smiled from some members and the stupid remarks some others made. He just needed to be at Yoongi's side and make him smile. As he arrived he found Yoongi now sitting in his bed, typing on his phone and the first thing Jungkook wanted to do was to ask him whom he was texting. Okay, maybe he was actually jealous because of basically nothing. But hey, there was this little smile on the older's face and he just couldn't believe somebody else made him smile more than Jungkook managed to.

Jungkook closed the door and then walked over to his hyung again, looking at him as the older raised his gaze to his face. Jungkook then sat down beside Yoongi again and smiled brightly.
"Thanks, Kookie." Yoongi said and was about to grab the bowl, but Jungkook pulled it away from his hands, slightly shaking his head. Yoongi frowne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter