ᴶᴴˢ × ᴷᴺᴶ | the end of days

depths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this was actually supposed to be the first chapter of a new story that i wanted to write. however, while writing this i got a better plot idea & due to that i decided to just leave this as it is & post it as an oneshot. 

 

The night was cold, colder than those before. Usually he wouldn’t have to wear a jacket. Usually the cold wouldn’t bother him, not anymore. Usually he would sit there, outside the rundown house, watching the stars above them without a stupid jacket. However, that night he just had to wear one. He couldn’t risk getting sick and letting all of them down, he wasn’t allowed to. He sighed deeply as he watched the stars above them, shining like nothing ever happened, like nothing every changed. Everything above their heads, up there far away in outer space, everything was still the same. There was no reason to change, not for anything that was far away from them. Everywhere above their heads was still peace, there was still hope and maybe a future that didn’t look black and grey.

Neither the sun, not the moon or even the stars would ever have to change, they would never have a reason to do so, or would be forced to change a single thing like he and the others had been to. The sun would always shine, every day, until it would one day die down, taking away the warmth and all life like it was nothing. The moon would always be there, circling earth, reflecting the light of the sun and be a light to all those lost souls during all the dark nights. The stars would never stop shining, sparkling, giving people hope that there was more to one’s life than seemed to be at first sight.

He felt the way his mind was drifting off, off to a place he hadn’t been to in a long time, a place that had him given so much more than he had ever expected. He felt the way his body was starting to feel heavy again and his heart clenched in pain as if it was its own organism, crying at all the loss that it had to cope with. He understood his heart well enough, yet he couldn’t let himself feel the same pain as his heart. He would be weak and that was the last thing he could allow himself to become. He had to be strong, he had to be strong for all of them. He had to make the right decisions and due to that it was just irrational to let his feelings take over himself.

He leaned back against the wall of the rundown house, staring into the sky like the answers to all his questions were waiting there for him. Sometimes, he even found himself waiting, longing for the answers to just fall down onto him from above.

He sat outside the rundown house for some more time, his eyes always somewhere above him, his gaze lost between the stars. Somewhere at the back of his head he was counting the clouds that would pass by. Sometimes, just for seconds he would check the surroundings, check on the big car that stood in front of the house. He took a deep breath as he felt tiredness washing over his body. They had had to deal with a really long day, filled with nothing than problems. He sighed as he remembered the way the police had walked into their little safe place, acting as if they owned the ing world. Well, they did. Nowadays, the police was the only thing left that managed to keep the people around the cities at least a little in control. He was actually pretty glad that they were still around, not like those army s that just decided to shoot each other like complete fools. ‘Idiots’ he muttered as he remembered all the things he had had to witness.

“Namjoon?” He suddenly heard a familiar voice coming from the front door of the house. He turned his head to his right, looking slightly up at the man that now walked over to him. “Why are you out here again? You should be sleeping.” Hoseok continued, looking at him with tired eyes, yet softly smiling at him. Hoseok wanted to smile at that in return, but no matter how hard he tried he wouldn’t be able to.
“So should you.” Namjoon replied, watching the slightly older male as he was sitting down beside him. Hoseok then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter