ᴷᵀᴴ × ᴾᴶᴹ | autumn leaves (do better sequel)

depths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(kinda) requested by: Bangtansimin & VeronicaArtino (wattpad)

i remembered you guys wished there was another part back in november, so here it is. I really hope you like it. kinda got the inspiration to write this part while listening to chris brown - autumn leaves.

 

Seasons changed and before they could blink twice summer was gone and fall was knocking on their front door. As the nights grew gradually colder, the days held still some warmth due to the sun’s bright light. The leaves were still green, however the vibrant green was slowly fading and turning them darker. Here and there were some trees that already started to turn into different colors of red, orange and yellow. It was beautiful to look at. Just like during springtime one could watch time pass by as day by day more and more trees decided to get ready for winter and shed the reminders of the year that would soon find its end. And time was usually said to take away the pain from ones heart, but nobody could ever tell how long that would take.

For Jimin it felt like eternity and watching the leaves fall down to the ground didn’t help him either. Ever since the day Taehyung left he found himself coming to that little park almost every day. It was nothing special, not even a big park. In fact it was just a street, on which cars weren’t allowed, and on both sides of the street grew big old trees. However, as in his heart time wasn’t allowed to pass, he could at least watch time pass by the continuous circle of the trees’ lives. By watching their leaves change he could tell time was in fact passing by and he wasn’t stuck in a moment, which to him felt like it would never end. It was true, for him time had stopped months ago, the pain in his heart never subsiding, not even the slightest bit. It kept him in the past and kept him from moving on.

It had been months now that Taehyung was gone and about a year that he had talked to him normally. That day at the concert really changed everything and only now Jimin was able to ask himself if his reaction had been wrong. Back then it had been the only right thing to him, but as the months passed by, not talking to the slightly younger male, even ignoring him, turned into a habit and before he could realize it he had to face the consequences of his ignorance. He should have realized it much sooner. Maybe back then he would have been able to get things back to the way they were supposed to be.

‘Maybe’s and ‘what if’s were now the only thing left as he, and the other members, hadn’t heard from Taehyung ever since that morning they bid their goodbyes to Taehyung as they decided to go out for a few hours just to get their minds off of their busy schedule. Taehyung had told them he wouldn’t accompany them that he would stay at home. Back then, neither of them had an idea that everything would have changed completely by the time they would get back. Back then, Jimin didn’t even care. Back then, he had been so engrossed in his habit of basically ‘hating’ on Taehyung that he wasn’t able to see the signs his former best friend had shown throughout the days before he left.

Neither Taehyung’s family knew about his whereabouts, nobody knew. He hadn’t even told the entertainment about him leaving. However the worst part of it all was that there weren’t even fantakes. Usually one could assume there would be fantakes of an idol as soon as they’d leave the dorm, however, there was nothing. Not even a single picture and it scared them, bts, to their bones. Jimin had been searching the internet for days to find a trace of Taehyung, but he didn’t. It was like mother earth had swallowed him alive, taken him away from all the pain Jimin had brought above him. Yes, Jimin knew he was the reason Taehyung left. It was obvious, wasn’t it? Jungkook had known the moment he had found Taehyung’s room empty.

For days, maybe weeks, Jimin had been waiting for some kind of impact on his body. In fact, Taehyung’s absence had left his mind, heart and soul in pieces. However, it didn’t do anything to his body as it would to the one left behind in all those novels he had read. Nothing, he had been healthy. And as he didn’t show any traces of a negative impact of Taehyung’s absence he started to feel guilty. The guilt was basically eating him up from the inside as he asked himself over and over again if he had ever had feelings for the younger. In fact he did, he had had feelings for the younger as he had always seen him as a brother, his best friend. However, he had never realized it hadn’t been enough for Taehyung anymore as love grew inside the younger. Jimin had been terrified of the thought after the incident at the concert. What really set off his mind and caused him to grow so much hatred towards the younger was something even he couldn’t find the reason for.

Sometimes, when he was watching the leaves of the trees swaying in the wind, he thought about that he maybe had only been afraid that he wouldn’t be able to love Taehyung the same way he did. Or the way Taehyung deserved to be loved. In fact, Jimin did love him. Maybe even from day one. He still loved him, but would his love ever be enough? Now he would never know as Taehyung was gone. All Jimin was able to do now was hope that Taehyung would be happy wherever he was. Maybe even loved by someone who truly deserved to be with him as his love was as great as Taehyung’s love for that person.

About two weeks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter