Taehyung's past

Unexpected

Unexpected《CH 9》

‘Guys, I’ve brought Yerin back,’ Taehyung’s rectangle smile popped out while he was closing the door behind him. ‘Oh, it’s noona,’ Hoseok smiled.

‘She needs some medication for her minor injuries,’ Taehyung explained. ‘Hyung, can you find the first-aid kit for me?’ he asked Jin.

‘Well, she can do it herself back home. Why the trouble?’ Jimin broke the conversation.

Yoongi secretly smacked him on the arm, causing Jimin to groan. Jungkook glared at Jimin.

‘You better mind your manners, okay?!’ Jungkook whispered to him.

‘Whatever,’ Jimin stood up from his seat on the couch and stormed into his bedroom.

‘Oh okay, bring her to the couch. I’ll go find it,’ Jin replied.

Taehyung helped Yerin to the couch and sat her down, like what Jin said. He soon came back with the first-aid box, and laid it on a nearby table.

‘I’ve not used a first-aid kit in years,’ Taehyung confessed while opening the box. ‘Really? Then, help her with the injury. I’m gonna cook some noodles for Yerin,’ Jin stood up and walked away.

Taehyung took out the medication and unscrewed its cap. He picked a cotton bud and poured some of the oil on the cotton.

‘Lift your dress a little up. I’m gonna see how’s your knee,’ he turned back to Yerin. She did as what Taehyung told her to, leaving him to hiss at the sight of her knee.

‘Girls are scary,’ Taehyung remarked. ‘But you aren’t.’
‘Well, I am. It’s just that you haven’t seen me getting to my rage yet,’ Yerin answered. ‘Woah, chill. Get ready, it might hurt,’ Taehyung warned.

He started dabbing the cotton on her knee, with Yerin groaning. After a few dabs, Taehyung broke the silence.

‘You know what? I used to have a girlfriend like you,’ he spoke. ‘Really? How was she like?’ Yerin asked, curious. ‘She was like you. She had about the same attitude as yours and well, she was amazing.’ Taehyung smiled at the thought of it.

‘Did you guys break up or something?’ Yerin asked.

‘She died 2 years ago. Because of brain cancer. It was so sudden that I didn’t know how to react to it. She was starting to become frail and couldn’t talk whenever I visited her daily in the hospital. The cancer was incurable. I miss her a lot and you reminded me of her,’ Taehyung’s eyes were starting to get teary but he still continued to treat Yerin’s injury. ‘Everytime I think of it, I cry heaps.’

Yerin’s hand reached down to Taehyung’s face and wiped away the falling tears. ‘It’s okay,’ she comforted. ‘Sometimes, when you just close your eyes for a second, people, your life and the world change. That’s what happened to you. It was just terrible fate. It’s okay.’

‘Thank you,’ Taehyung looked up to her with his wet eyes for a second and stood up and threw her arms around her. He needed that comfort from a girl, as he was always surrounded by boys.