Volunteer jobs

Unexpected

Unexpected《CH 18》

“What’s wrong?” Yerin whispered to Sohee as they walked through the crowded school hallways. She has just arrived at school and there was a big commotion about something she didn’t know. The hallways were full of whispers.

“Oh, I heard Jimin and Chaerin broke up yesterday. The gossiping students will post it up on our school forum, trust me. It always happens when something big happens,” Sohee explained through whispers.

“No wonder,” Yerin spoke to herself. She thought why Jimin had to drag Chaerin out of the auditorium yesterday.

Sohee looked at her and pulled her out from her thoughts.

“Hey. What’s wrong with your knee?” Sohee pointed to the part where she was injured yesterday.

“Oh, nothing. I just fell while trying to help an injured kitten on the streets yesterday,” Yerin explained, stuttering as it was a lie.

“Look at you. Animals, animals, animals. You’re such an animal-lover. Why not just join the journalist club for our weekly school issue for the next term? You’re excellent in writing too. This semester’s gonna end in a few days,” Sohee suggested.

“Maybe I should. You joining too?” Yerin looked at her.

“Nah, I don’t have much interest in being a journalist. I’m not that good in writing either,” Sohee shrugged it off.

“Oh yeah, did you get seriously injured from yesterday’s bullying incident? Jungkook oppa told me that you were quite injured," Sohee recalled.

“Not really. Just hurt the sides of my left knee and got a bruise on my stomach and calf,” Yerin shrugged.

“What?” Sohee shouted.

“Shhhhhh!” Yerin shut her up by putting her plam over , with a flustered look on her face as students started looking at them.


The school bell marked the end of the year’s first semester, and most of the students rushed out of their classrooms, and out into their own freedom as the holidays arrived. The whole Jimin-Chaerin issue was, as expected, released and talked about by a lot of students on the school forum.

“Yerin noona!” Jungkook called out to the girl, who was standing and clearing up her locker, getting ready to start a long break.

“Oh, Jungkook. What’s the matter?” Yerin turned back and found him behind her, smiling like a small child.

“Just wanted to wish you a long holiday. You can hang out with us anytime. Just call us about it? And we’ll make time,” Jungkook assured her.

Yerin slightly laughed at Jungkook’s cuteness. “Okay, okay. I’ll do it if I’m bored. You are going back to Busan, aren’t you?”

“Of course, it’s my hometown anyway. Some of the boys are also going back to their hometowns or homes so the dorm will be quite empty. You?”

“Probably staying here and trying to catch up with my studies. There’s not much stuff I can do in Seoul here, I’m used to it,” Yerin shrugged.

“True,” Jungkook agreed. Suddenly, his mobile phone rang and vibrated in his trench coat’s pocket. “Hey, it’s my mom. She’s probably nagging me to return to the dorm and pack up for Busan now. See you soon, goodbye,” Jungkook smiled and waved  before walking away, taking the call.

Yerin returned to arranging her slightly-messy locker and closed, locking it finally before walking away to the school foyer to wait for her parents’ car.


Yerin let out a mini scream. “Mrs Jieun, really?!”

“Hey, don’t scream in my ear. Yes, it’s true. Really. They’re new here,” Mrs Jieun could be heard smiling at the other end.

“New animals, I’m sure it would be fun, I’ll be visiting as usual on Saturday. Anything important to bring?” Yerin squealed behind the call.

“Umm, there’s not much. Bring the usual stuff,” Mrs Jieun confirmed.

“Okay, see you this Saturday. Goodb- wait. Mrs Jieun?” Yerin cut her own sentence off.

“Yea, Yerin?”

“Can I bring over some friends from school? They’re probably dying out of boredom,” Yerin asked.

“Sure, are they experienced of taking care of animals? I’m afraid that-,” she was cut off by Yerin.

“Yes, they are. They have pets at home. Almost all of them have dogs as pets,” Yerin assured Mrs Jieun’s worried thoughts.

“Fine, if you say so.”

“Okay, I’ll be there with them, goodbye!” Yerin ended the call off with a happy tone.

To: Energetic and loud cutie

From: Yerin

Hoseok, you’re back from Gwangju, aren’t you? If so, are you free this Saturday?

To: Bangtan’s dear noona

From: Hoseok

Yes, I’m back and I’m free this Saturday, there isn’t anything I can do here….anything?

To: Energetic and loud cutie

From: Yerin

I go and volunteer at the animals' home, IAKA, every Saturday. Do you want to follow this time? New animals came in recently this week.

To: Bangtan’s dear noona

From: Hoseok

Sure! Need me to call the others? You probably need more help there.

To: Energetic and loud cutie

From: Yerin

Sure, thanks!

To: Bangtan’s dear noona

From: Hoseok

No problem!

[SEOKJIN AND THE SEVEN BABIES GROUPCHAT]

Loud guy: Guys, Yerin noona is asking us whether you guys want to volunteer and help her at the animals’ home this Saturday. I’ve agreed.

Our nerdy leader-nim: Sure, anything will do. We don’t have anything much to do right now too. Tell her I’ll be joining.

Loud guy: Okay.

Nochu: Yerin noona?! I’m all in! I’m back from Busan with Jimin anyway.

Smol ChimChim: It’s fine with me. I’m joining.

Our dear “genius”: Noona? I NEEDA CATCH UP ON SLEEP. sorry ㅋㅋㅋ tell her i’m not joining, i need sleep ^^

Dad jokes: Sure. Tell her I’ll be joining too.

TaeTae: yerin and animals? I’M IN!!!

Loud guy: k i’ll tell her about our presence~~ yoongi hyung, are you sure you don’t wanna go?

Our dear genius: ……….

Our dear genius: No ㅋㅋㅋ i’m too tired

Loud guy: Fine~ bye~ *rolls eyes playfully*