Chaerin's attitude?

Unexpected

Unexpected《CH 12》

Things didn’t work well, as expected. With both of the partners disliking each other, who could work well? A period of two weeks given to complete was like a thousand years to both of them. Anyway, they still tried to work together since each project had a grade for it. Furthermore, it was important as each grade had involvement in the exams.

‘My water finished. Damn it, I’m thirsty,’ Jimin mumbled as he stopped while picking up his bottle from his bag and looked at it.

‘Oh well, you want some Starbucks? There’s one nearby,’ Yerin suggested as she kept on typing their slides.

‘Are you free?’ he asked as he stretched from sitting at the same place too long.

‘If you want, I could cause I’ve been thinking about my favourite Starbucks drink the whole day. Wait, why not we continue our work there?’ Yerin looked at him with hopeful eyes.

‘Whatever, let’s go anyway. I’m hungry,’ Jimin shrugged. They packed their laptops and notes into their bags and walked out of the local public library, where they decided to meet up and discuss for the day.

‘So I heard you have a girlfriend?’ Yerin asked out of the sudden while they were walking together to the café. Jimin turned to look at her with suspicious eyes. ‘I’m just asking?’ Yerin replied to his eyes.

‘Yea yea, who told you about that?’ Jimin asked as he turned back to the previous direction.

‘Sohee,’ Yerin answered.

‘Sohee?’ Jimin asked as if he didn’t hear it properly. ‘Yea, Sohee,’ Yerin replied as she just looked at him, not surprised that he didn’t really know who Sohee was at the look of his face.

‘Ah, you mean Choi Sohee? The girl in our class?’ Jimin finally spoke up.

‘Obviously,’ Yerin rolled her eyes.

‘Why did you ask even though you knew?’ Jimin questioned.

‘I’m not sure either. Maybe I’m just curious of her attitude?’ Yerin shrugged.

‘Chaerin’s attitude?’ Jimin let out a soft sarcastic laugh and rolled his eyes. ‘You won’t want to even know.’

‘C’mon,’ Yerin answered.

Jimin looked at her and rolled his eyes. ‘Fine,’ he finally agreed. ‘We aren’t even that close as a couple. I have no idea why I chose to date her back last time. Maybe I was just, you know, reckless? Chaerin isn’t that good at academics nor co-curricular activities. She just has the good looks and she’s rich. Her attitude…,’ his voice trailed off and sighed. ‘She’s the type of girl that almost everybody dislikes but still puts on a nice act and she wants a lot of attention on herself. When I started dating her, she went around boasting, talking about how good she is at attracting handsome boys, like me,’ he posed dramatically as Yerin rolled her eyes again. ‘She’s also good at bullying people with her squad. You do know that she’s titled as Yeomsin High’s queen bee, don’t you?’

‘Yea,’ Yerin nodded.

‘Everybody in her squad follows her demands, like she just has to say who she wants bullied and insulted and they will start it immediately. Psh, what Yeomsin students. Furthermore, her father is the CEO of MNET and that is a freaking large company.’ Jimin rolled his eyes. ‘Some of her ‘squad’ actually approached her just because her father is MNET’s CEO.’

‘Wow,’ Yerin shook her head.

‘Yeah, so do you now regret knowing this?’ Jimin sighed.

‘No?’ Yerin tilted her head.

‘Whatever you say. It wouldn’t bother me if you got close to her,’ he replied.

Yerin just ignored it and upon reaching Starbucks, Jimin pulled the glass door open and went in, followed by her. Both of them walked to the counter to order.

Sitting down with their food, they took out their laptops and notes to continue what they stopped, sipping their drinks and eating. After about half an hour, a familiar voice, in a crowd of feminine voices, to Jimin came into the café. He immediately turned to the direction of the voice and cursed. He turned back to Yerin and tried to keep calm.

‘Oh, hey, Jimin,’ the girl with the familiar voice, with what seem was her friends, walked up to the table both Yerin and Jimin were at and smiled at him. Yerin caught Chaerin’s eye and she turned to Yerin. ‘Oh, who’s this?’ Chaerin asked as she put on a fake smile, due to the idea of having her “boyfriend” working on a project with another girl.

Yerin stood up. ‘Hi, I’m Yerin, the new-,’

Her words were soon cut off by Chaerin. ‘Oh, it’s you. What are you guys doing together here? I’ve heard of you getting attention from-,’ her words were also cut off by Jimin.

‘Chaerin-ah, aren’t you here with your friends? Come on, go have fun. I’ll talk to you later, kay?’ Jimin stood up and turned to Chaerin as he spoke. ‘Hmm? Come on, go,’ he spoke nicely to her as he patted her head.

Chaerin immediately nodded and pouted before turning the other way and giving Yerin a death glare. Both of them sat down on their seats and sighed after she went to hang out with her friends.

‘Thanks, if you were defending me though,’ Yerin broke the awkward silence and slightly scratched her neck.

‘I was? I just didn’t wanted to watch her insulting other people, it’s just a…a tired and “ugh” scene to watch,’ Jimin replied with a shrug.

Yerin rolled her eyes. ‘You don’t have to be so dramatic, ya know.’

‘I’m serious,’ Jimin folded his arms and looked at her. ‘She once insulted Hoseok on how ugly his hairstyle was when it was just nice,’ he rolled his eyes. ‘Ugh, she wasn’t like that when I first met her. I only knew of her horrible attitude when I dated her.’

‘Wait, you guys weren’t good friends before?’ Yerin asked as she started to type the slides once again.

‘Nah, we weren’t. I told you, I was reckless, remember?’ Jimin sighed as he laid back and went through important notes. ‘Anyway, if you’re one of the greedy kids and decided to get close to her, I won’t mind at all actually. I’ll let you go experience hell.’ He showed a savage smile and she rolled her eyes.