Seocho-dong

Unexpected

 

Unexpected《CH 14》


‘What actually happened?’ Jimin broke the silence, which had went on for a few minutes, while piggybacking Yerin, who was leaning on his shoulder.


‘It was not really clear either. I don’t know but I’ll tell you. I headed out after saying bye, remember?’ Yerin told Jimin as she propped her chin on his shoulder.


Jimin nodded to her question.


‘So I passed by the brightly lit shops, and into the dark areas, like how I usually do after spending time at the local library. After a few minutes of walking through it, my wrist was dragged tightly and roughly, causing me to lose my balance and getting pulled by the force. After a second or so, a hand came over my mouth and I couldn’t shout that loudly for help since it was muffled. I kept on struggling but the force was too strong. And that’s how I ended up at that place you found me,’ Yerin explained with a sigh.


‘Next time, please pop a pepper spray into your daily bag or whatever sensitive material you want to avoid these situations,’ Jimin looked over to Yerin. ‘You don’t want to trouble people like how you did to me, do you?’


Yerin looked at him and rolled her eyes. ‘Didn’t you want to help? It wasn’t my fault if you did.’


Jimin turned back and let out a soft giggle. ‘Hey.’ he scolded softly.


‘Whatever, how did you end up finding the dark alley?’ she asked out of the sudden.


‘Oh, my neighbourhood can be only reached by using that way, the same way you used back home,’ Jimin did a little shrug.


‘Oh, I see. Do you live in the Seocho-dong neighbourhood?’ she asked while leaning on his shoulder.


Yerin felt his nod and shot her head up.


‘What?’ she pardoned.


‘I live in the Seocho-dong neighbourhood,’ he said as he kept on walking without giving a look at her.


‘I live there too…,’ her voice started trailing off. ‘What’s your house street?’


‘Street 2, No.48?’ he finally gave a look at her.


‘Oops,’ Yerin mumbled quietly to herself.


‘What about you?’ he asked as she looked back at him, not hearing the ‘oops’ from her.


‘Street 2, No.55,’ Yerin answered.


Jimin choked and stopped his tracks. ‘WHAT?’


Yerin shrugged with a roll of her eyes.


‘So our homes were close to each other all this time?’ Jimin stuttered.


‘Obviously,’ Yerin leaned back on his shoulders.


‘Whatever,’ Jimin rolled his eyes.


The rest of the journey, which was like only 5 minutes, was quiet, without anybody talking. Soon, they reached Street 2, where they both lived.


‘There you go,’ Jimin remarked as he reached his house and dropped Yerin off his back carefully. ‘You kay’ walking back yourself?’


‘Maybe? 7 houses away, it’s fine,’ Yerin let out a small smile to assure it was okay. ‘I’ll go first, good night,’ she waved as she turned and started walking.


Before Jimin unlocked the gate, Yerin shouted to him.


‘Hey! By the way, thank you for helping me out! Go back and refresh your lines!’ she shouted.


‘Okay, I get it! Go home and rest!’ he shouted back.


Yerin waved for the last time and turned, walking back home.


Jimin just looked at her walking for a few seconds.