Group Project

Unexpected

Unexpected《CH 11》

Yerin walked through the corridors with a pile of homework-related books on her arm, sighing every now and then. She didn’t really like doing homework, in fact she really hates it.

As she walked, she looked through the empty classrooms she passed by. She loved the feeling whenever she was out early in school. It was empty, it was like the whole place was yours. She loved it.

She was passing by the seniors’ class when her books fell down.

‘Hey, Jeong Yerin, you’re too distracted,’ she told herself as she crouched down to pick up her books. She was almost finished when a shadow came over her. A familiar voice greeted Yerin. It was Hoseok.

‘Hi, Yerin!’ Hoseok chirped as he squatted down to help her. ‘What, your books fell?’ he let out a soft giggle over how cute Yerin was.

Yerin nodded with a small smile, probably a little cheered up by Hoseok’s personality. She wondered for a second about how he maintains it despite the pressure by teachers.

‘Thanks,’ Yerin told Hoseok while standing up.

‘Any time. Wanna walk to class together?’ Hoseok offered with a bright smile.

‘Hey, what if those fangirls see us again?’ Yerin whispered.

Hoseok gazed over the school clock which stood on a wall, which surrounds the school’s courtyard. ‘It’s still pretty early,’ he commented. ‘Come on, don’t worry.’

‘Okay, okay. I’ll walk with you,’ Yerin rolled her eyes and Hoseok dragged her with his hand.

‘I’m gonna have some fun!’ Hoseok fooled around with his loud voice. ‘Hey!’ Yerin laughed.

Hoseok started running, which led to Yerin running too since he was dragging her. They ran through the empty corridors with Yerin’s books on her arm pounding slightly. Their loud voices could be heard clearly.

Both reached the classroom finally and they stopped running, gasping for air. ‘Hey! Why did you drag me and run?’ Yerin asked with a playful tone.

‘It’s fun,’ Hoseok smiled.

They both looked at each other for a second and burst out in laughter as they walked through the doors of their classroom. Namjoon, who was currently reading a book, turned his head over to their direction.

‘Oh, hi, Yerin!’ Namjoon immediately stood up and walked over to them. ‘You both look breathless. What’s up?’

‘You didn’t hear our voices?’ Yerin asked.

‘Uhm, no? I think I was too distracted by the book I was reading,’ Namjoon scratched his head.

‘Nerd,’ Hoseok whispered to Yerin’s ear which made her giggle a bit.

‘Hey. Calling me a nerd? Says the one that goes back to the dorm and pin his down on his desk seat to revise his classes,’ Namjoon rolled his eyes while strolling back to his seat.

‘Just shut up,’ Hoseok rolled his eyes. He knew he was defeated. Yerin looked at both of them blankly and realized the girls present in their class were staring at the trio.

Yerin walked to her seat and put her bag down, lifting her head down to avoid having eye contact with any of them. Is hanging out with seven boys that hard?

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

‘Okay,’ Miss Jiwon, their homeroom teacher, spoke as she put her books down on the table. ‘As you all know, except for Yerin, I will always provide a project for you guys at the end of every topic. This time, you are having a group project in pairs. Each pair has to do a presentation on the topic with different ideas. Every pair is consisted of a boy and a girl and I have chosen pairs myself. I will announce them now, and you can start discussing after that. Sound good?’ she explained with hand gestures.

The class didn’t respond, but Miss Jiwon went ahead with it anyway. She started announcing them.

‘Jungkook with Saeron.’
‘Sohee with Chanyeol.’
‘Taehyung with Seohyun.’
‘Namjoon with Amber.’
‘Jin with Jisoo.’
‘Yoongi with Sunny.’
‘Hoseok with Irene.’
‘Jimin with Yerin.’

Both Jimin and Yerin’s eyes largened.

‘What?!’ they both exclaimed at the same time.

‘What?’ Miss Jiwon answered. ‘You all must work with each other well and I hope I don’t hear any complains of no cooperation.’

The class nodded to their teacher’s demand and each pair started going to their partner’s table to discuss.