Break-Up

Unexpected

Unexpected《CH 17》

“Kick her,” the familiar girl ordered.

“Yes, Chaerin unnie,” one of her ‘friends’ answered sweetly and did what she was told.

“My boyfriend, Jimin, defended you when I met you two at the cafe. Now, he avoided you from falling down by holding you. Ridiculous,” Chaerin rolled her eyes.

“A-ask him ab-about it yourself,” Yerin stuttered.

“I’m sure you’ll tell Bangtan. He told you to inform them when we threaten you, didn’t he?” Chaerin squatted down and raised her downright chin up. “I’m not gonna let you do that.”

“Punch her a-,” Chaerin was cut off when she stood up and turned.

Jimin and Jungkook was both leaning at each of the auditorium’s door sides, watching Chaerin and her friends bullying the girl they were familiar with. Sure, they couldn’t endure watching her getting bullied, but they must understand the situation first before taking action, mustn't they?

“So is this where you take your targets to and bully them during any of your free time with your ‘friends’?” Jimin emphasised the last word, finally standing up upright and walked over to the scene, with Jungkook following behind.

“Jimin-ah, you know-,” but she was cut off by Jungkook glaring at her.

“Give way,” Jimin ordered to the girls. “Jungkook, you help Yerin. I’ll talk with Chaerin instead.” he grabbed his girlfriend’s right wrist and led her out of the auditorium, obviously annoyed.

Jungkook nodded and walked to Yerin. “You okay?” his gentle voice comforted her.

“You guys better stop bullying innocent people. It isn’t her fault we are treating her as a close friend.” Jungkook remarked to Chaerin’s ‘friends’ while he carried Yerin up with his strong arms. “Also, hanging out with her and being one of her dogs won’t count you as her friend. She only keeps you close as who she needs to bully her targets. Stop hoping that you would get credit from her.”

He just walked away with Yerin in his arms like that, leaving Chaerin’s ‘dogs’ alone.

“I’m taking you to the school health centre and stop looking at me like that, you’re making me feel embarrassed,” he told Yerin as he focused on his directions.

“Thanks.”

“Don’t thank me and Jimin that much, thank Sohee instead. She ran to our dorm room and told us you asked her to go and leave her alone to get bullied by Chaerin.” he explained as he turned by a blind corner.

“Luckily it’s after school now. If it’s during morning or lunch break, I don’t know how many people will look at us,” she sighed.


 

“Let go of me!” Chaerin shouted while struggling to get her wrist out of Jimin’s hand.

He led her to an empty classroom, and slammed the door behind him. He let go of her wrist.

“Let’s break up. We already don’t have any feelings for each other, do we?” Jimin looked at her with his darkened brown eyes, clearly stating that he was annoyed with her behaviour for a long time now.

“If you want to, I don’t mind. It was already ages ago when you stopped having feelings for me.”

“Glad that you knew. We don’t have any strings attached to each other now, do we?” he replied.

“No.” Chaerin looked into his eyes.

“You can go out now.”

Chaerin dragged her feet slowly to the door, tears filling half of her eyes. Just before she laid her palm on the doorknob, Jimin grabbed her wrist once again.

“Don’t ever touch her again. I’m just defending her as a friend. Stop bullying innocent people. They don’t deserve it. I’m sorry I had to break up with you. I can’t keep on being with someone I have no feelings for anymore.”

Chaerin looked up at him. “It’s okay and I’m sorry too, really.”

“Go.”

She opened the door and went out, finally pouring out her emotions.

“She’s still as fragile as ever.”


 

“Damn it, it’s closed.”

“It’s okay, I’m fine,” Yerin assured the worried Jungkook standing right next to her.

“Sure? I don’t want you to miss classes if it gets serious.”

Yerin pulled up her until-knee dress slightly and showed him the wound. “See? It’s fine.”

Jungkook bent down and took a glance at it. “If you say so, does it hurt like last time?” he came up.

“No?”

“Then that’s good.”

“God, it’s late. My dad will be waiting for me. I should go now, how about you?” Yerin looked up at the clock nailed on the wall above the health centre entrance.

“Can I follow you to the porch? I’m afraid they will corner you again.”

“Then, come on, be fast,” she was already walking on the way to the main porch.

Jungkook ran over to her to catch up.