Yerin's unasked trauma

Unexpected

Unexpected《CH 13》


Jimin pulled the handle of one of the café’s exit doors. He went out first, followed by Yerin.


‘Tomorrow’s the presentation,’ Yerin sighed. ‘Go home and refresh your lines,’ she reminded Jimin.


Jimin looked up at the sky, which was now turning darker every minute. ‘It’s dark now, will you be okay walking home by yourself?’ he turned back to Yerin.


‘Yeah, I will,’ Yerin replied. ‘Why? You never seem to
care.’


‘Nothing. If you get kidnapped or whatsoever, I can’t get my marks tomorrow,’ Jimin let out a savage smile.


‘Whatever, I’ll get going first, bye,’ Yerin walked out into the streets.


‘Hmm, does she live in the same neighbourhood?’ Jimin mumbled to himself when he saw Yerin walking in the exact same direction to reach his home. ‘Aish, why would I care? I’ll just wait for her to go off further so she wouldn't assume I was following her,’ he sighed. He headed out after a few minutes. He was passing by a dark alley when he heard a high-pitched feminine scream.


‘Hmm?’ Jimin stopped in his tracks. He stood there for a while, wondering before walking into the alley.


What he saw in the distance made him stop and hid behind a wall. He saw a masculine figure, dressed in dark-coloured clothes, with a thick roll of what seemed like duct tape. Jimin looked over carefully into the scene to avoid getting noticed and quickly logged into his phone and dialed the neighbourhood police’s number, which he memorised as he lives in it. The man pinned a feminine figure on the wall, to avoid her getting away. Bringing the struggling girl’s wrists together to the back, he wrapped a few layers of tape around them. Before the mouth became victim, Jimin pointed his phone torch and walked over slowly to the scene.


‘Hey! What are you doing?’ Jimin pointed the light to the masculine figure, who flinched by the second. He looked over and saw Jimin, who was approaching them. The girl also turned to the light’s direction.


‘Don’t come closer!’ the man shouted as he pulled the female to him, taking out a penknife and holding it close to her neck. ‘I said, don’t come closer.’


‘Please, help me,’ the girl stuttered with fear. Jimin’s eyes enlarged. The voice was so familiar and after a second, he remembered whose voice was that. It was Yerin.


‘I’ve called the neighbourhood police and they are on their way now,’ Jimin reached his hand out slowly and walked closer every second. ‘You don’t want to get caught and fined, do you?’


‘Shut up! I know you’re lying. If you come closer, I’ll kill her!’ the man threatened while holding the penknife closer to Yerin’s neck.


‘What-,’ Jimin was cut off by a shout behind him.


‘Stop at once!’ a masculine voice shouted with confidence.


Jimin turned back and he saw three policemen holding their guns out in the air, targeting at the man.


‘Drop the penknife. Now, at once,’ one of them threatened as he moved closer.


The man finally gave up, putting it down and hands up into the air. Yerin collapsed at the moment he let go of her and she kept on clutching the cloth just above her chest.


The other two policemen, who were getting closer too, ran over to the man and handcuffed him.


‘Let me go!’ the arrested man shouted while walking with two policemen behind him and struggled.


Jimin rushed over to Yerin. ‘You okay?’


One of the policemen soon walked over. ‘Thank you so much for your report. We’ll call you as soon there is something for you to check on. Please leave your phone number here,’ he instructed with a kind smile as he passed a small paper note to Jimin, who wrote his number. ‘No problem,’ Jimin told the policeman, who walked away after. Jimin went back to Yerin.


‘Are you fine?’


Yerin nodded with a uneasy look on her face, like she was suffocated.


‘You sure?’


She shook her head.


‘I’ll piggyback you home, okay? You need a lot of rest.’


She agreed and he helped her up.