A New School

Unexpected

Unexpected《CH 1》

Yerin walked through the school’s main doors and looked around her new school, Yeomsin High. She gasped at the beautiful design of the building. It was still early in the morning so there weren’t much students. She kept walking, finding direction plates to the school office.

After numerous turns since the school was big, Yerin finally reached the office’s door and pulled the handle attached to the glass door and went in. She stepped quietly into it and walked to the counter to ask for her timetable.

‘Hello, I’m a new student, Jeong Yerin. Can I pick up my timetable?’ she asked the woman behind the counter.

‘Oh yes, I’ve heard of you, Yerin. Come here,’ the woman stood up with a smile and beckoned Yerin to follow her.

She led her into a room that contained thousands exercise books and a full set of the computer including a printer on a table. She sat down on the seat behind the table.

‘Jeong Yerin, is it correct?’ the woman asked.

‘Yes, Jeong Yerin,’ Yerin answered.

The woman pressed enter on the keyboard and a printer beside her started working. Yerin flinched, startled by the noises. Three pieces of paper was printed and the woman handed it to Yerin kindly.

‘Here you go, call me Ms Irene,’ Ms Irene handed the printed papers to her kindly.

‘Thank you, may I know where is my class?’ Yerin asked politely.

‘I’ll guide you, let’s go,’ Ms Irene agreed.

She walked through the hallways with Yerin. The hallways were starting to get crowded since it wasn’t too early anymore. Yerin heard some of the girls including boys whispering to each other as Ms Irene and her walked past them. Yerin didn’t care, she just walked casually. They finally reached a class, with the signboard ‘11C’ on top of the ledge of the door. Ms Irene turned the doorknob and opened the door, walking in with the new student.

‘Everyone, listen up. Jeong Yerin will be joining you guys, she’s a new student so please protect Yeomsin High’s image and treat her well,’ Yerin’s companion spoke loudly to the students who looked up with attention.

‘You can come to me if you need any help. Some of the students here are quite a bully,’ Ms Irene spoke to her in a friendly way.

‘I’ll sure to come to you if I need help,’ Yerin agreed with a large grin.

‘Sohee, can you let Yerin sit next to you?’ Ms Irene asked a friendly-looking girl who sat at last row.

‘Hmm? Sure!’ Sohee replied with a large smile.

Ms Irene handed her to Sohee and Yerin knew life at her new school would be good.