Adjustments

Two Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ADJUSTMENTS

Adjustments causes one to change so that they would fit into something. It is a lie if you never try to fit into a group but if you fear of trying to fit in, you would find yourself stranded in your own shadows...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Normally, I wouldn't even be happy about the last day of the year but because of my excited brains, I would get especially excited on the day before the last day of the year... and this had happened for 5 consecutive years... well, actually, make it ever since I was born.

I was getting off work pretty much later than I was suppose to because some weird things had happened in the store, but moretheless, I was pretty happy that I could stay up to watch the world turn a year older. I glanced at my watch as I halt next to the traffic light, waiting for it to turn green again. 11:55pm, My watch read. I sighed. "Great, five more minutes before the world turns another year older... but I wouldn't be on time to reach home to watch it turn one year older," I muttered to myself, earning some stares at the citizens near me. I ignored them just as the light turned green and I walked as quick as I could across the road. I always had a phobia for crossing roads without someone accompanying me. It was a scary thought to finally be alone to cross the road but I tried to get rid of that phobia and somehow... I might say that I succeded? 

I let out a heavy sigh out of relief for accomplishing my first ever achievement and headed down the street towards my house. As I was walking, I heard my phone ringing. I frowned at my bag and waited for a whole minute before fishing it out from the tote bag that was slung onto my shoulder. I finally got hold of my phone and looked at the caller ID. I sigh as I rolled my eyes. 

"What do you want?" I asked, annoyed at myself for actually picking the phone up. 

"Can you grab some ramyeon for me in the conveniece store that you're working at?" The grumbled voice was all I heard. My anger was rising a little now. 

"Look, just because you're my landlord doesn't mean that I'm your maid! And look! I just finished working!" I shot into the phone. I could sense trouble from the other side of the phone. I was expecting him to threaten me or something but out of a sudden, a big and loud pang hit me on the head. I felt dizzy for a moment but it disappeared quickly. My eyes were closed for a moment but they opened quickly. My eyes darted back to the phone I was holding in my hand. "He- Hello?" I whispered uncertainly into the phone. I heard nothing. 

Slowly, I removed the phone from my ear and looked at it. The screen was blank, there was no activities going on the phone. Did... didn't he called me just... now? I asked myself. A chill ran down my spine as I stared back at my phone. I quickly dropped my phone into my bag and heard a loud honk. I winced. I knew that we were not allowed to make a loud noise no matter what it was. I turned towards the roads to find cars and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter