Prudence

Two Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PRUDENCE

To first show prudence, one must first love ones self before caring for the world and its future. Broken people, however on the otherhand, finds it difficult to be prudent to him/her-self after losing their love ones, it is as if they sudden lose all interest in the world and would want to die as they feel suffocated by the lost. However, being loved by other people brings them strength and once again, they will learn to rise up on their own and be strong once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her room was quiet and still. The only sound interrupting the silence was the cardiac monitor next to her, beeping to the rhythm of her heart beat.

Outside of her room were the dark hallways. Footsteps were heard and echoed along the walls as the person of the footsteps entered her room. The person, an older woman, was holding a jug of water that she had refilled from the nearest water cooler that she could find. She had used the water cooler for the past few years so it was familiar for her to find it even with her eyes closed. 

The older woman looked up tiredly from her jug to the girl laying on the hospital bed with her wrinkled eyes. She took slow steps towards the girl and halted in front of her. She put the jug on a drawer that laid next to her and sat on the chair that she had placed next to her. She glanced at the girl laying on the bed briefly and brushed her hair away from her face. 

She sighed. "Eun..." she started, tears welling in the older woman's eyes. "Please wake up, my darling." 

The girl in the bed didn't answer. And the tears fell from the woman's face as she continued to look at her daughter, sleeping peacefully with no other details of when she was going to wake up from her deep sleep. 

__________________

A few days had passed since the mother of the girl had came to visit her with the same expression on her face as she looked at her daughter's face. This time, she had brought a few more people in the room with her: An older man, a girl younger than her daughter by a few years and finally, a boy that was the same age as the daughter.

The man sat on the chair beside the bed while the younger girl stayed by her mother's side. 

"Hello there, my daughter," the man started hesistatedly. He placed his hand on her cheek as he continued to look at her. "Please wake up soon, Eun." 

The boy who was the same age as the girl laying on the bed stood next to the door uneasily as he watched Eun's father talking to his sleeping daughter. The boy had followed the girl's mother as soon as he woke up so his black hair was in a mess. He clenched his fist tightly and pulled the fist right above his heart as he continued to look at the family trying to talk to their older daughter.

His eyes trailed from the girl to the other younger girl that was holding her mother's hand. He took a deep breath before walking towards th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter