Gratitude

One Metre to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Doyeon reached the backstage, the first contestant had already gone up the stage. Soojung, who was wearing the plain red dress looked at Doyeon with envy. That long black gown really stood out too much. She balled her fists but still managed to force a smile on her face. Although Soojung was wearing a plain dress, her makeup, necklace and hair accessories helped her a lot, thanks to her gang. 

 

''Now, we have contestant number four, Im Soo Jung!'' the MC announced. The audience chanted wildly. Well, it was Im Soo Jung who everyone expected to get first this year. The number of people that came to root her was not a joke. Soojung sashayed through the runway with confident and show the audience her most beautiful side. 

 

''Contestant number six, Lee Doyeon, a fresher major in mechanical engineering!'' the MC boomed when it was finally Doyeon's turn. Almost every guys went crazy when they heard it was someone from the science department. For so many years, science stream students never, ever got into top ten. 

 

''Ahhh!!! Lee Doyeon! Lee Doyeon!'' they chanted. Lee Doyeon was different from other girls, that was what they said. From the rumours that spred across every corner in Seoul National University, Lee Doyeon was a girl that did not even blushed in front of Oh Sehun. That was not entirely true though, but that was what made those loner guys loved her and voted for her. 

 

Sehun looked at Doyeon who was walking along the runway shyly. He smiled at her cuteness. He better thought of something to make them met again after the beauty contest. 

 

 

----

 

''Congratulation!'' Nana, Miyoung and Yeonmi exclaimed ebulliently. 

 

''They say you're the first person to change the history of science department!'' Nana squealed.

 

''W-why?'' Doyeon blinked. 

 

''Because the girls in science department were never finalist. Those that were pretty enough to reach top ten didn't even bother to join the contest. You, I mean everyone should thank me because I help you to register for the contest!'' Nana blurted out after feeling so contented. 

 

''So it was you!'' Doyeon squeezed her eyes. ''Kim Nana! I can't believe you!'' Doyeon chased Nana around Miyoung and Yeonmi. Although she felt furious at the beginning when she saw her name was registered, she didn't feel that anymore but she was grateful to her to make such great memory for her. Doyeon only got second but she was happy for the final result. 

 

''Let's go eat something, Doyeon you will treat us with the money you won!'' Miyoung said. 

 

''I'm sorry, girls, can I treat you other day? I have to find someone right no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter