Beauty contest

One Metre to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The main hall was decorated with much ardour. The extended runway was decorated with yellow light bulbs at the side. Around two thousand people can be fitted in the main hall. Doyeon, who was the finalist of the beauty contest, was contacted to assemble at the hall before noon together with the other nine finalists.

Doyeon felt a little excited as she didn’t know what she should do for the entire contest. On the stage, she looked at the audience seat and imagined the hall was full of people. That kind of made her nervous.

All contestants were asked to go to the backstage.  ‘’See the clothes here,’’ a girl said. ‘’You have to wear it according to the number you draw.’’ There are ten different types of clothes. On the left side, there were black classy gown, maid attire, cute polka dot party dress and a tartan button up shirt with ahjumma pants. On the right side, there were office outfit, tuxedo, a plain red dress and a typical high school uniform. Everyone hoped they could get the black classy off-shoulder gown and prayed they won’t get the ahjumma outfit.

One by one, they pick one table tennis ball from a black box. Doyeon hid the number on the ball first before she looked at it slowly. She got the number, 2. She blinked and looked at the number incredulously. She couldn’t believe her eyes. She got the black gown that everyone wanted.

‘’The catwalking session will start at 1 p.m. You can contact your friends to call them to help with your makeup and stuff. Make sure you’re in your outfit before 12.45!’’ the girl announced before she left the ten contestant at the waiting room.

Doyeon wanted to call Miyoung to help her with her makeup, but she didn’t have a phone.  In the end, she gave up seeking for help and just did everything by herself. Soojung looked at Doyeon and smile subtly. Apparently, Soojung got the most votes but Doyeon’s vote was just twenty votes different from her. Doyeon’s existence was a fray to her.

After Doyeon did her makeup, she decided to change into her gown in the fitting room after she saw all of them had changed into their contest outfit. When she saw the others left the room, she brought her gown into the fitting room. The fitting room did not have a door, instead it was closed by pulling the curtain. There wasn’t any hook in it so Doyeon just hung her clothes on the piece of metal on top.

 

---

 

‘’Hoho!’’ Baekhyun popped out from nowhere. ‘’Sehun, why are you slacking here? You should be outside the hall now, helping with the tickets stuff.’’

‘’Shut up, shorty. The girls are giving me a hard time. I will suffocate if I stay at out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter