Why Do We Act like Lovers

The Confused Girl and The Clueless Person

 

The Clueless Person POV

 

I've promised my self if only I should go back to Korea, I wouldn't bother you, I would be an independent person, and I would be who I really am. Honestly I hesitated to come back to Korea. I called the co-director of the agency, asked was it okay if I retire from the group. He told me that they still needed me but they didn't force me to come back. He gave me some time to think. I was in such a big dilema because I missed performing with f(x), I missed our members, and I specially missed you. So yeah, I decided to come back by promising my self; not to bother you, should be independent, should be as strong as I really am, and be honest--not to play with feeling.

And there I was. As a free Amber, I felt much better for being a stranger in Korea for the second time. I tried my best learning Korean, I more often spoke in Korean, and I made many many many new friends, well, most of them spoke English though.

I was not that shocked when you told me that you finally got a boy friend, I was a little bit jealous but I didn't really give a sht. I've decided to be honest with my feeling, I really didn't care how would you react, I told you everything I felt. And seemed like you were used to it. Or were you enjoying it?

You acted a little bit cold when I told you I would go out with my friends, seemed like you didn't like it. You acted so clingy to me and often texted me or asked me to call you like for two hours. You didn't even do that to your boy friend. I mean if you did, you wouldn't have time to bother me right? But well, I enjoyed it.

I liked you, everything about you. I didn't expect to be your lover, I didn't want to bother my mind with those cheesy issues. I just liked you, and I let you knew. 

But slowly, it wasn't only about me being honest with my feeling when I felt like getting 'that' signal from you. Yes, because slowly it seemed like you were showing the same feeling to me.

"Amber, what do you want for your birthday?", you asked to me when my birthday was just around the corner. We were in my condo, you were busy with your snacks and I enjoyed my milk tea.

"Cakes, milk tea, and..."

"I mean like going to somewhere...you know"

"Oh? Hummm... going home to meet my mom and dad?"

You sighed cutely because I was too clueless, "I mean go to somewhere......... with me", I barely heard your last words, but I heard it.

I blinked, tried figure out what were you talking about, and that word just came out through my mouth, "like a date?"

I could see the red shade on your cheeks.

"Uhm.. y..yeah..nah I mean yes something like that.. kind of", you whispered at the last words again.

We were in awkward silence for a moment. I sipped my milk tea that I didn't realize the cup was already empty.

"Well the birthday date... I mean", I said awkwardly.

"... I know", you looked down, you usually do that when you're shy.

"......well... that'd be nice...... but aren't you busy filming that drama comedy?"

"......well... if you have a plan... I.. I wouldn't mind to go"

I was honestly surprised and happy at the same time. I mean the busy Krysral Jung would spend my birthday moment with me.

"Cool... w..well... j..just the two of us?"

There came the awkward moment again.

"Ah... It's a birthday date right, maybe I can bring some of friends too", I said to make it less awkward.

But you looked a bit disappointed.

"Is it okay, Princess?"

"Umm... sure... that'd be good to cover it up... you know... the date. Uh I mean the birthday date..."

"Sure yeah"

"Hm"

"Amusement park?"

"Huh?"

"We're going to have amusement park date uhh I... I mean the b..birthday date in amusement park"

You finally giggled seeing me stutered, "why are we so awkward?"

"... I don't know...", I scratched my head while grinned stupidly.

And we both laughed.

 

We did what we had planned as my birthday had come. I picked you up at your filming set. You wore a thick wool jacket, a mask, and a hat. We really seemed like the celebrity couples who were dating and hiding it from public.

"Do we really need to do this?", I asked when you cover my hat with the hoodie.

"Yes. Am, I've dated few times and I always did this"

"But why do we act like lov.."

I went silent as you cupped my cheeks. I thought my blood was stop flowing.

"We.are.dating", you said clearly.

"B...b..birthd..day date?"

"Whatever date is still dating right?"

"Y..yes"

"And don't you think it's weird if it's only me and you celebraring your birthday in amusement park? Meanwhile f(x) has five members remember?"

"B..but you often go out with Sulli and it's just the two of you"

You rolled your eyes, "that's different, stupid", you tapped my forehead with your index finger and then you grabbed my wrist, "shall we go now? Are your friends here already? They better be here soon because we need to be accompanied"

"There goes fussy Jung. You worried too much, Princess. Look, you're with me, and everything will be fine", I held your hand tight.

People thought Krystal Jung is a cold ice princess and a less-talking person. The fact? She is a fussy girl, she talked a lot sometimes I don't get what she talks about, and she's paranoid--worried about everything.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The Confused Girl POV

 

I'd never forget our first 'birthday' date. I couldn't help but think we were like a couple when you chose amusement park for your birthday date. And the worst was, I felt like it was really our date. I was so worried that people would see us and took pictures. I shouldn't have been worried because there's nothing wrong with friends hanging out together. But... it was somehow different because I thought we weren't just friends.

 

You held my hand tight when we walked around the amusement park. We did meet your friends and they joined us, but we barely interacted with them, our focus was just on us. You bought me ice cream, we rode some cute-slow-rides while enjoyed ice cream and joked around. You put on and off the belt for me, you opened and closed the door for me. You embraced my waist or shoulder when I made insecure gestures. How could you be that gentle Amber you weren't even my boy friend?

That was the date I dreamt of when I was little, a lovely cute date. No expensive car, expensive restaurant, or awkward conversation. If only we could take off our hat and mask, if only there were not your friends to keep us accompanied, and no one would recognize us as celebrity, then it'd be perfect. I might be falling in love with you that time, or was I?

Time was running too fast that day. I didn't realize that the sky already looked sleepy.

"Princess, shall we go home?", you asked.

I bit my lower lip, I still wanted to be with you, but I couldn't say it.

You grabbed my coat collar--making me standing closer to you--you tightened my coat because the weather was getting colder. Our face were so close. I stared at you in the eyes, you did the same. We were staying like that for few seconds, reading what was in each other's mind. 

"It's getting colder", you finally said, "we will have fun again once we get a chance, okay"

I nodded.

After you bid goodbye to your friends, you drove me home. I mentally couldn't stop smiling. You stole some glances at me, and you were smiling too.

"You happy?", you asked me.

"... hmm..."

"Me too. Thanks for spending my birthday with me"

I had no idea why was my heart beating so fast. I wanted to say it all aloud, 'Amber, I am so happy I really am. Thanks for giving me such beautiful moment', but I ended up biting my lower lip, again.

We finally reached my home. You blew a sigh before you looked at me, "we're here...... uhh... thanks again. Uhh... you need to get some rest because you have to filming again tomorrow"

"Hmm...", it was hard for me to leave you just like that, I still wanted to be with you, but it was impossible.

"Uhh.. sorry, wait here I'm gonna open the d..."

"Uh no... no need. It's okay", I held your wrist--making you sit, "we're already here, I'm afraid someone, you know strangers, will see you"

"Oh, okay"

We were in silent again, my hand was still on your wrist. I was out of my mind, I just wanted to do what my heart said.

"Happy birthday, Amber. I am so happy today", I said before I pulled you closer and kissed your cheek, I let my lips pressed your cheek softly for few seconds.

 

 

PS: guys it's just a fanfic (but feel free to believe in this ff lol kidding)

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Next chapter: flashback: We Just Wanna