Best Things to Do

The Confused Girl and The Clueless Person

note before read: this story is just a fiction. if some of the story happened in real life, then it's just a coincidence. i hope this story doesn't offend anyone or a certain party. Happy Reading

 

Two men were sitting together in a cold office room. It wasn’t air that was cold, it was the atmosphere they created. They both looked good with neat clothes they wore. They were such educated business men with good attitude—sure they looked like one before they started to talk about two-penny things which would earn money.

“All you want is money, I know”, the man who was sitting on the big bossy chair talked.

“Who doesn’t want?”, the man who was sitting on the guest chair smirked.

“Your company is such a useless company that sells scandals and gossip, you should create a new company, the useful one”

The guest chuckled, “your company is such a human circus company you know that? You don’t just sell the art, you also sell their body, you trained them like circus animals. Come on.. we both are losers, admit it”

“…what do you want?”

“…… a deal… You know how much money we will get after we release that news? I want you to give us more than that”

“Is it only that? I mean… How if we give you more?”

“What do you mean?”

“That news is useless. No matter how intimate they look, some people won’t buy it, they’d still think they’re good friends, and besides it’s Amber we’re talking about; Amber is so chummy to anyone. If you’re interested, we have a bigger news for Kpop world, and we can work together here”

“……… what is it?”

“Look. How good they look together. Cute, eh?”, the man showed a picture to his guest.

The guest watched the picture closely.

“Two beauties fall in love with each other. Remember, most people like a love story drama with two good looking main characters. Look at them, both have that mysterious yet sweet aura. We prepared them since they were trainees, we prepared them to be paired but we have been saving them in the most safety store, we have planned to release them in an urgent situation.  You know what does it mean?”

The guest questioned the man with his stare.

“It means; they’re so expensive”, the man said firmly, “we released this photo for f(x) album as a trial, and the respond was great. They got some haters but they gained fans who love them as couple more. I mean look, such a royal couple; a Barbie with her Ken.  Many magazines asked us to have their pictures, but we’re still very selective. And people would thank you a lot for revealing them dating”

The guest seemed interested.

“It will be the whole world’s kpop fans’ attention, you’ll get much much much more money. And if you accept our offering, you’ll get even more money from us”

“Hahahaha… Well, I admit it, this is very interesting. But what’s your offering?”

 “Before we give this brilliant news, you should give us the original photos of Am and Krys, and erase all the copies, you’ll also get paid for this”

“……………………………………………………… Deal”

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   

 

 

The Confused Girl POV

 

I knew this certain boy since we were still trainees in the agency. We were not close friends but we were good friends, Jinri I mean Sulli also knew him well. We were at the same level and same age. He was a good yet simple boy, nothing was special about him. He didn’t talk too much, but he talked much and joked around with his close friends. He wasn’t as good looking as now, but now he had grown as a handsome guy with cool attitude. I actually didn’t really know him personally, I just knew him as a good friend. I liked him as a friend, I had never seen him as the boy I liked romantically. And I thought he also never saw me as the girl he liked romantically. But our mentor once said that we had same attitude, one day he told us that we were chosen as the agency’s couple. Yes, the agency always chose couples from every level, they prepared us to be paired and they would 'debut' us as couple when they really needed to.

His name is J, and the agency gave him a stage name—K. J and I didn’t take it as a big deal to be paired, we thought it was a part of our job. Working as an entertainer, our life was full with scenario. They built up our characters since we were younger. They even made up interview scenario for us. But I was mature enough to live the world I chose, so I just kept on going and doing the best for my job.

It was our time to be debuted. Our head manager asked me to come out with J as dating celebrities couple  from the agency. The company had many problems now, and that shtty media was about to bust the new scandal, it would give another big impact to the company's income.  I was actually shocked when our head manager told us about the agency’s plan because I just broke up with my ex, and my relationship with you just started getting better. I was afraid that it would ruin anything. Moreover, I knew that once it's announced, I’d gain more haters. And the thing I hated the most was, it would be a big sensation. I hated it when people recognized me because of a scandal. But I had no choice, I had to do it, and to make my all my fans stayed loving me because of my works, I needed to work even harder, I’d show the world that the scandal was nothing for me.

The real life k-drama had begun. The ‘date’ schedule for me and J was planned. All we had to do just ‘date’, yes. Just like the other couples we decided what would we do for the date, we decided the restaurant or other places to date. We decided what would we wear for the date. The manager said we just needed to date like normal couples, unlike other celebrities who are very protective—we didn’t need to hide our face or cover our head. It sounded very easy to do, but it wasn’t easy for me when I thought about your feeling.

I told you about everything I needed to do, you really understood. You were not my lover so you didn’t say anything bad about the plan, you just made sure if I was okay to do that. But I could sense it and I could see it in your eyes, that you were not happy about the plan.

That day we just finished practicing for our first solo concert, yes we were busy preparing the concert; we were busy filming, photo shooting, and practicing the move.

“Amber!”, I called you when I saw you were about to leave the building.

You turned around, “Yes?”

“Are you going to walk? You don't drive do you?”

“Nope, skateboard”, you showed the skateboard you carried.

“I’ll drive you home but you drive yourself okay?”

You chuckled, “what does it mean you want to drive me home but I should drive myself?”

I rolled my eyes, “you know what I mean. Come on get in”

“Okaay”

We got in my car and you started driving. You’re a good driver I admitted it, but it was a little bit weird because you drove so slowly.

“Why are you driving slowly?”

“Because I want to spend more time with you in this car”

I rolled my eyes but I actually liked your answer, “why are you so cheesy?”

“Because of my dad. You know he always said something romantically disgusting to my maa”, you giggled and so did I. 'Maa' is the way you call your mom.

“Your Dad is awesome, I like him”, I commented.

“Then it means you like me because I resembles my dad a lot, I mean we have same character”

I knew it was just a joke, but I took it seriously. You often told me that you liked me, you were always honest about your feeling for me, but me? I didn’t even dare to say ‘I miss you’ to you.

“Just kidding, Princess”, you said.

I stayed silent, I was sinking into my thoughts. I was actually tired of hiding what I truly felt. I was actually so tired of pretending as if I was chill about my feeling for you.

“So, when will you two go for a date?”

“Uh?”, the topic caught my attention.

“You and J sshi”

“Uhh… soon I guess. I don’t know”

“Will managers go with you?”

“No, just the two of us”

“……… Oh…”

And I just realized that your expression was changed.

“I mean… they let us date.. I mean you know there will be some people from that shtty media who will follow us and snap our pictures, if the managers are with us then it won’t look like a date”

“I see. Just make sure you’re fine”

“Hmm”

And we went silent. I glanced at your face, it looked totally different from earlier. Something bothered your mind I could see it, and I knew what was it, I knew what was bothering you. I felt it once when I knew you were so close with E, it was torturing my feeling so much. You might feel it for many times, since I was close with Minho oppa, I was with M, T, and now J, even it was just a scenario, I felt like a jerk for making you felt bad for many times.

I have decided it. I have decided that I wanted to be honest and happy. I couldn’t be a selfish teenager forever, I was mature enough to make wiser decision. I, deserved to be happy.

“We’re here”, you said. And I just noticed that we were already next to your apartment, “bye Krys, see you tomorrow, thanks for the ride”

You were about to open the door but I prevented you, “Amber”

“Yes?”

I grabbed your hand, held it tight. I then put my other hand to hold your hand even tighter.

You looked confused and dumbfounded, “are you okay?”

I didn’t answer, I just stared at you deeply. I mentally assured my self if I really wanted to do it, “Amber..”

“…Hm?”

“……………………………… I love you. I love you so much”, I just wanted to be honest, I just needed to feel relief in my heart. You looked totally surprised as if you didn’t believe what I said. So I just moved closer to you and kissed your lips.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Next Chapter: Best Things to Do part II

Teaser:

“So………… are we now……”

“Shut up”

“Okay………………”

 “…………………Yaaa!”

“What?!”

 

 

 Note from the author: double update this week, this story is about to end. So what kind of relationship does kryber have recently? Do you have your own thoughts? *winkwink*