Taken care by a Princess vs The Stupid who bought me Anything

The Confused Girl and The Clueless Person

The Confused Girl POV

 

I was shocked when one of our mentors brought you to the room, announced you as our group’s member. I thought the clueless person whom I met at the convenience store was a male. You were very unique with that style, the brave one I may say, and you got your own characteristic. I really did think you were a very interesting person. I couldn’t stop stealing glance at you during the practice, and when our eyes met we became so awkward. But if only I could say it straight to you that time, I would say that your awkward face was cute. I didn’t know why every time you stuttered and became awkward, I found it cute.

Started from that day, we often met to practice together. And I didn’t realize since when did we become that close. Of course we were also close to our other members, Victoria unnie, Luna unnie, and Sulli, but the closeness between you and I was different. It was like we had our own world, we spoke our own language, and we shared the ‘alien’ signals to each other.

 

“Mentor nim, where’s Amber?”, I asked our mentor since you were nowhere to be found. There were just the four of us. I thought you were late, but you had never been this late.

“Amber won’t come today. She texted me last morning, she said she’s not really well”

“Sick? Did you tell her to see doctor?”

“I did, but she said she just needs to sleep”

 

I didn’t really concentrate practicing that day. Vic unnie as the leader kept asking me if I was okay. We usually joked a lot, Sulli and I always laughed our off. You Amber? No, you were really quiet back then, because you couldn’t really get the jokein Korean. Well I may say Vic unnie’s Korean was way better than yours, and she was mature enough to live by herself in Korea. But you, you were just around 15. You had a hard time learning new language and new culture. Even after you spent a half year learning Korean, your Korean wasn’t getting any better.

“Bye Soojungie see you next week”, Sulli bid goodbye to me. The other unnies already left before us.

“Bye Jilli”, I replied while putting on my shoe.

I stood up and grabbed my ransel. Sulli was already gone. I was thinking for a while, my house wasn’t really far from the agency. I usually walked to home, or my mom would pick me up by car. I grabbed my cell phone to call my mom.

“Hi mom. Uhh may I go to my friend’s condo? …………. Yes, it’s near from here……. Yes I’ll tell you later. Bye mom, love you”

 

I had visited your condo few times, so I remembered the route clearly. Yes I decided to visit you that day. Okay, I was worried. I somehow knew that you didn’t only need to sleep. I knew it Amber, you were homesick again, and it made you ill.

I knocked on your door as I arrived. I knocked it few times, I waited, but you didn’t answer. I tried to twist the doorknob, it wasn’t locked, typical careless Amber.

 

“Am?”, I called you as I stepped in. you were not in your living room. I immediately went to see your bedroom. The door wasn’t closed. I saw you were on your bed—covering your skinny body with the thick blanket.  I walked closer to you, I sat on the corner of your bed. Your eyes were closed, your face was all red. I put my palm on your forehead and it surprised you.

“Huh?!!”, you opened your eyes, you watched me for few seconds before you finally recognized me, “Krys?”

I nodded.

“Why are you here?”

“Why didn’t you see doctor?”

“Wa..wait but since when you’re here?”

“Why didn’t you lock the door?”

You sighed while tried to sit, “I’m fine, I just need to sleep more. And..y..yes I forgot to lock the door. Sorry”

“You’re not fine”

“I am, really”

“Fever?”

“I know but…”

“Why didn’t you see doctor, Amber seriously”

“Krys, you know I can’t even ask the price when I wanna buy something, how can I see doctor? What would I say to the doctor?”

“…… I got it”, I grabbed my cell phone and dialed my super mom’s number, “hello? Mom?”

“Wait Krys what are you doing??”

“Mom, my friend is having fever, I think she’s going to die if she’s not going to see Doctor”

“Oh Gosh Krystal I’m not going to die…”

“Yes it’s her. She can’t speak Korean properly. Shall we bring her to doctor Shim? Okay I’ll text you the address”

“Krystal…”

I didn’t really need to listen to you, I just opened your wardrobe. I put my index finger on my chin—thinking which jacket would be nice for you, and I got one. “Wear this, and use that black LA cap”, I pointed to the cap on your desk, “you better hurry, my mom hates waiting so do I. And don’t argue with me because if you do, I won’t talk to you for a week, uh no, for three weeks”

Your eyes went bigger, “three weeks??? It’s nearly a month! Then you have no one who will buy you food and anything”

I mentally giggled. How could you threaten me like that? You wouldn’t stop buy me anything. I just needed to look at your in the eyes and said what I want, you would get it for me. Yes, this stupid would buy me anything. “I know. You better change now, I’ll wait outside”

 

You sighed cutely. What a really cute Amber.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

The Clueless Person POV

 

My parents said that I was a cheerful and friendly kid. When I was younger, I could talk to anyone even I didn’t know them. They said I had never been awkward to anyone. But that time was different.  I felt so awkward because your mom was there with us. She was a very kind pretty lady. She talked to me very gently. She helped me a lot when we were in hospital, she kept asking this and that to the doctor, just like my mom. She was so kind, but it somehow made me shy.

 

We were on our way to your house. Yes, you and your mom didn’t allow me to go back to my condo because I was sick and all alone, so, for that night, I’d sleepover in your house, for the first time.

 

As I entered your room I saw some pictures of you when you were still little. You were a pretty little girl, your hair was long, just like a princess.

 

“Come here”, you grabbed my wrist, guided me toward your bed, “lay down here, my mom will make porridge for you”

“I thank you and your mom, a lot”

You narrowed your eyes, “you know how to thank me and my mom?”

I shrugged my shoulders—looking clueless as usual.

“Get better soon”

I smiled, “will do”, I said. I was really thankful that you were there when I needed someone, “so, will you feed me the porridge?”

“Can’t you eat yourself?”

I shook my head, “I’m sick remember?”

“Umm… well since you’re sick…… okay, I will”

“So I think I am taken care by a princess”

“Yes you are lucky. But you should pay the princess by getting well very sooner and bring me to apgujeong when you're perfectly well. Buy me something I like, promise?”

“Anything, Princess nim”

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Next Chapter: Flashback: Are best friends jealous?