Chapter 9

Connecting The Missing Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HYOMIN'S POV

 

I wanted to believe that I can really do what Qri and Eunjung were telling me but it's not that easy when I don't even feel it.

 

I love being in water.

 

It feels like it's my family.

 

It feels like it's a part of me.

 

I'm here at Qri's shop.

 

Jiyeon and Areum left early. They say it's an emergency.

 

I look outside.

 

I can see cars and buildings. People walking on the side of the road.

 

Things were so different now.

 

I used to stare at the ocean and feel relieved but now all I feel is that I'm alone.

 

My parents are gone and I could never see them again.

 

They're not here anymore.

 

While I am reminiscing my life in the past I felt a sudden pain in my head.

 

I touch my head and lean on the table.

 

Damn

 

There are scenes playing in my head.

 

Then it's gone.

 

"Hyomin. What's going on? Are you ok?" Qri suddenly came to me and ask.

 

"I'm ok now. Just a sudden pain in my head" I said.

 

"Are you sure you're ok?" She asks and I nod.

 

"Qri..."

 

"Wae?" She asks.

 

"I saw something when my head hurts" I said.

 

Maybe I could tell her what I saw coz I'm not even sure what is it.

 

"What did you see?" She asks.

 

"I saw someone dies. I don’t really understand but I'm sure that someone is dead and I saw someone with dark smoke killed that person" I said.

 

Well, I couldn't really see it clear so I'm not sure of other details.

 

"Someone with dark smoke? Its must've been dark sorcerers but who's that someone they killed? Have you seen it?" she asks.

 

"I didn't. It suddenly disappears" I said.

 

"Hmm. Maybe that thing didn't happen yet. You can see what's going to happen in the future. Your third power awakens now Hyo" she said.

 

My third power?

 

"But I haven't even learn my other powers" I said.

 

"It doesn't matter which comes first. If you could control that ability it'll be easier for you to control your other powers too." She said.

 

"Do you really believe I could help?" I ask.

 

"Of course you could. You're a pure blood." She said and smile to me.

 

I really love her smile.

 

It makes me feel at better.

 

"Can you tell me about the pure blood's family?" I ask her

 

"Of course." she said and we sit on the couch.

 

"Let's start with Eunjung's family. Eunjung's family was the royals of the light protector. They're always beside the royal family. They're brave and strong" She said.

 

"Is that the reason why she easily gets mad?" I ask and she giggled.

 

"No. Eunjung just need to know you a little better and you'll see she's not like that" she said.

 

"So how about your family?" I ask

 

 My family were healers and messengers because of our ability. Soyeon's family was the source of knowledge in the whole kingdom. They were very intelligent sorcerers but we only learn that from books and from our teacher but she's dead now" She said.

 

 

They grow up without knowing their parents.

 

I'm still lucky that I grew up with my adoptive parents.

 

Somehow I had experience the feeling of having someone you can call Umma and Appa.

 

"And my family?" I ask.

 

"Your Mom was the queen of the light's sister" She said.

 

"Eh? So I'm a royal?" I ask

 

They said there's no royal sorcerer alive.

 

"No you’re not. The king is royal. You need to be someone related to the king to be a royal" She explained.

 

"Oh thanks God. That was a relief" I said.

 

It's good to know that I'm not going to rule a kingdom in the future.

 

"So are you ready to start your training?" She asks.

 

"Huh? Right now? How about your shop?" I ask.

 

"You're worth paying attention to than the shop" She said and smile at me again.

 

"You know what? I'm starting to think you got a crush on me. You always smile to me and give me flower" I said and smirk at her.

 

"Well, I wanted you to know that I was born this way." she said.

 

"So you did this to everyone?" I ask.

 

"Not everyone dear. But it's not my fault that mortals were attracted to me" She said.

 

"Mortals were attracted to you?" I ask as I help her close the shop.

 

"Yup. The scent of the flowers around me attracts them. It's not my smile." she explained.

 

She do smell like flower

 

While we were closing I notice two people on the other side of the road.

 

They're holding a camera and it's too obvious that they're taking pictures of the shop.

 

"Do you know them?" I ask Qri.

 

"Oh. Don't mind them. They're paparazzi" She said

 

"Paparazzi? Why? Are you a celebrity or something? Or just one of the mortals who gets attracted to you?" I ask.

 

"I'm not some kind of a love potion Hyo. Maybe they're just too busy discovering things about sorcerers" She said.

 

"How do they know about sorcerers?" I ask.

 

"I told you before right? Sorcerers meddle with mortals too. Sometimes they fall in love, give up their powers and settle down" She said and I nod remembering what she told me about this whole magic thing and I can't remember them all at once.

 

"So let's go?" She asks and I nod then she flashed us to her home.

 

"Wow. Lives would be easier if you can teleport like that" I said.

 

In a snap we're here in her house.

 

"Every power could kill you if you can't control them. Teleportation could bring you to a place you never know and who knows if you could come back" she explains.

 

"Even my powers?" I ask

 

I suddenly felt scared

 

"Yup. So you have to train how control your powers. Don't worry. I'm here to help" she said and I just sigh.

 

I'm destined to do this thing and I have to face it.

 

 

SOMEONE'S POV

 

"Yah! We've been here for hours already and it seems like they're not coming out. Can't you just give up on this sorcerer's thingy? It's 2016 and there's no such thing as like that" I said to my bestfriend who believes that this creature called the sorcerers exists.

 

Maybe she watches too much fantasy movies.

 

"I told you I had a mission to save our world. We have to expose these sorcerers before they take over" She said.

 

Actually, I'm the only one who thinks that she's not crazy.

 

Everybody is thinking that she's insane for believing this creature's existence.

 

So here she now. Working so hard to find evidences and expose them.

 

"And what does a girl who sells flowers have something to do with it?" I ask.

 

"She's mysterious. I searched for her profile and the only info I found is her name and this shop and a rose petal. Plus I always see her holding a rose in her hand" She said.

 

I sigh.

 

"Maybe she just have to hide her identity or maybe it's not her real name." I said.

 

"No. There must be something magical behind that. Have you seen this video already? This girl student makes everything move in a restaurant. She must've been one of them" She said showing me a video of a student who makes the tables and everything float inside a restaurant.

 

"That’s fake. Lots of people do that for show. C'mon let's just go home" I said

 

"No. We have to find this girl and prove to everyone that sorcerers exist and they're about to take over" she said and stand up.

 

Oh my gosh when will she stop.

 

 

JIYEON'S HALMONI'S POV

 

I got the message from princess Boram through her goblin friend.

 

I hope she'll be fine but that ice kid and I have to leave this place as soon as possible.

 

Living closer to the border is dangerous for us especially now that the barrier is open.

 

The half-bloods of the dark could now cross freely to the two worlds.

 

Keeping the truth to the ice kid would keep her away from danger because she haven't mastered her power yet.

 

She still can't protect her thoughts from being heard by the expert mind readers of the dark.

 

We planned to keep her everything before but her power was showing up and it's impossible to hide so we just told her that she's a sorceress.

 

I search for the phone and called her.

 

"Halmoni. Waeyo?" She picks it up.

 

"What time will you be home?" I ask.

 

"I guess I'll be home late tonight. Why? Did unnie come back already?" she asks.

 

"No, you're unnie is not yet here. She's doing something important in a far place but she'll be back soon." I said.

 

"Oh ok...so why are you asking what time will I be home?" She ask

 

I better tell her that we're leaving when she's home already.

 

"Nothing. I just want to remind you not to trust anyone but your unnie. You can't tell anyone what you really are unless your unnie told you to do so. I want you to promise me" I said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter