Chapter 1

Connecting The Missing Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BORAM'S POV

 

"Boram-ah is the ice kid not yet home?" Halmoni ask.

 

"Ice kid?" I curiously ask.

 

Halmoni really fails to remember Jiyeon's name. Heol.

 

"Yeah, that kid loves everything with ice. She likes ice cream right?" She said.

 

Mwo?

 

"Halmoni ice cream doesn’t have ice. It's just frozen" I said.

 

"It's still the same. Don't argue with me. Find your cousin now. It's getting dark." She said

 

I sighed and go outside the house to look for Jiyeon.

 

She said she's just going to buy some ice cream but where is she right now?

 

She didn't get lost right?

 

When I was outside I saw her sitting under the tree not so far from our house.

 

Was she been there the whole time?

 

I approach her and got puzzled to see her face right now.

 

She's looking up in the sky with a big smile on her face.

 

What's with this kid?

 

"BOO!"

 

"OMO!"

 

I laugh hard when she almost run away from her spot.

 

"Yah Unnie! It's not funny!" She irritably said but I can't stop laughing.

 

"If you could've just seen your reaction Jiyeon. You're freakin' hilarious" I said between my laughs and she just cross her arms and pout.

 

"What are you doing here? It's getting dark now. Halmoni is looking for you. You just said you're just going to buy ice cream but it took you hours to do so or there's something else that you do" I said suspiciously.

 

She suddenly smiles and jumps around while squealing.

 

Oh my God!

 

Something's really wrong with this kid.

 

"Yah! Park Jiyeon! Stop acting like a kid!" I raise my voice to make her stop.

 

People might think she's a retard and I'm talking to her.

 

She stops but the smile on her face and the twinkle in her eyes was still there.

 

"Unnie I meet someone!" she cheerfully said.

 

I sigh.

 

I told her to stop making friends coz we are not going to settle here for a long time.

 

"Jiyeon I told you to stop making friends" I said.

 

"I didn't unnie" she said.

 

"Then, how the hell did you meet?" I ask.

 

"She kissed me!" she cheerfully said again and squeals.

 

My ears are going to pop with her squealing

 

But what the hell did she say?

 

That someone kiss her?

 

I hit her arms.

 

"Ouch...unnie why did you hit me?" She asks and pouts.

 

"And you're really asking me why? You let a stranger kiss you and now you're smiling like an idiot" I scolded her

 

"But unnie she bought ice cream for me after the kiss and her voice is so warm. I like to hear it once again. Though she seems to be a very serious person she's still look so charming for me" She said dreaming.

 

"Stop your fantasy Jiyeon. Making friends is dangerous for us and falling in love is going to kill us. Accept that fact. We are not born for those things" I said and drag her home.

 

"Unnie you're the only one who says we can't fall in love" she said and pouts again

 

"Jiyeon how many times do I have to explain things to you? Don't you get it or you're just stubbornly opposing it?" I said to her.

 

We are here again on this situation. This happens every time I stop her from getting too close to her so called friends.

 

Now I hope she won't fall in love or it'll be the hardest thing and the biggest problem we will ever face.

 

"I'm sorry unnie" She apologizes.

 

"Jiyeon I hope you understand why I'm being like this" I said.

 

"Don't worry unnie. I do" she said and we get inside the house.

 

"Unnie..." She called me.

 

"Hmm?" I ask.

 

"...never mind. I'll go and change first" She said and headed to our room

 

"Is there a problem? The kid looks gloomy" Halmoni ask.

 

"Nothing to worry Halmoni. Jiyeon still listens though." I said.

 

After few minutes Jiyeon come back.

 

"Where's the food? I'm already hungry" Jiyeon said cheerfully.

 

Then, we start to have dinner

 

"Jiyeon tomorrow I going to look for new job. What's your plan?" I ask her.

 

"Hmm. I plan to help you unnie. I'm going to work too" she said while munching her food.

 

"Are you sure?" I ask.

 

"Yeah unnie. Don't worry about me. I'm a grown up now" she said

 

"Yeah right. You're only a grown up by age but you still act like a kid" I .

 

"Heol. Well unnie you're a grown up but your face and your height were for a kid." She said and I glare at her.

 

"You said something Park Jiyeon?" I ask

 

"He-he-he...nothing unnie. I said the food taste so good" She said and pretend like she didn't do anything wrong.

 

This kid really hmm.

 

"Anyway, since this is a city and there is a small chance that we could both work togethe-"

 

"Yeah I know unnie. Know my limits. I never forget that don't worry" She said interrupting me.

 

"That's good then" I said but I still do have to constantly remind her.

 

After dinner I decided to go for a walk outside.

 

I wanted to see the dark sky with the moon and stars shinning bright on it.

 

 

SOYEON'S POV

 

It's already 7pm and I'm here at Qri's flower shop.

 

"Qri unnie can I go home now? I just have an important thing to do tonight"

 

That’s Lee Areum.

 

Qri's only employee.

 

"Go ahead Areumie. It's already late though" Qri said and smile to her.

 

Areum just bow and get her things then leave.

 

"That kid was surprisingly not into you" I said.

 

"It wasn't surprising at all. You and Eunjung were not into me" She said and fixes the flowers.

 

"You can never be so sure with that" I said and smirked at her.

 

"Don't ever try to play your games on me Park Soyeon if you don't want me to bury you alive” She calmly said and smile sweetly.

 

She's creepy.

 

Qri maybe calm and may look like a person who doesn't know how to get mad but she's scarier than Eunjung when she gets mad.

 

"I'm just kidding. Chill" I said.

 

"By the way where is Eunjung?" she asks.

 

"In her office probably. After we separated from the mall she immediately headed to her office. She's a workaholic person" I said then I remember that I have to look for her new secretary tomorrow.

 

Heol.

 

She's always giving me problems with this thing.

 

I sighed.

 

"What's wrong?" she asks.

 

"No one wants to be Eunjung's secretary anymore" I said.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter