Chapter 6

Connecting The Missing Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SOYEON'S POV

 

I'm here at Eunjung's company bit I haven't seen her around.

 

I decided to approach Boram to ask her.

 

"Is Eunjung here already?" I ask.

 

"Wait" She said and looks at Eunjung’s office.

 

"Eunjung's not there." I said to her

 

"Oh then I guess she's not here yet" She sarcastically said and go back to her work.

 

"Yah I ask you properly. Why are being so sarcastic?" I ask.

 

"I'm not being sarcastic. You're just so annoying when you're asking the obvious" she said.

 

Tss.

 

"Yah do you have a problem with me? You've been acting this way from the very start. I have done nothing wrong to you. I even offered you a job. Well I'm not bickering about that but at least can you try to be a little nicer?" I ask coz I'm really trying to be nice to her.

 

"I'm sorry if you got offended Miss Soyeon. I'm grateful about this opportunity you've given to me but I was born like this." She said.

 

"You were born like that?" I ask.

 

"See? You're doing it again. I just said it right?" she said and I can only scratch the back of my head because of this woman.

 

Damn.

 

Where is that Ham Eunjung?

 

"You're fired!"

 

"Please Miss Eunjung. Give me a second chance. I need this work" a crying employee pleads.

 

I guess I know now where Eunjung is and I'm also guessing that she's not in good mood today.

 

"I said you're fired! Now get the hell out of here!" Eunjung angrily yelled at the lady who is now on the floor.

 

No one dares to help the lady or else they'll be fired too.

 

Eunjung just get into her office and slam the door shut.

 

Boram was about to stand and even if I'm finding it hard to read her mind I know that she's going to help the lady.

 

"Just stay where you are right now if you love your job" I said to her and she look at me.

 

This is the first time I had stared longer to her eyes.

 

It's purplish.

 

"Are you using contact lenses?" I ask.

 

"Huh?...uhm y-yeah I am" She said and look away then back to her work.

 

I see.

 

"Ok I'll talk to you again. Just have to cool down my burning friend over there" I said and wink at her.

 

Then I go to Eunjung's office.

 

"So what's up?" I ask when I get to her office.

 

She's in her table doing something on her laptop with a big frown on her face.

 

I can say that she's really distracted.

 

I can hear her thoughts out loud.

 

I usually can't read her mind but at this point that she's not stable I can somehow read it.

 

Right, I do read people's mind aside from my wind power and sound.

 

She ignores me and continues what she's doing.

 

"I thought you hate messy things but your head is now in an actual mess and the only thing I understand is Park Jiyeon" I said and that make her stop.

 

It's about Park Jiyeon.

 

"Spill" I said.

 

"I don't know Sso. I understand myself. Every time I'll be near that girl I always have the urge to kiss her and we almost kiss again if Qri wasn't there" She said and she looks so frustrated.

 

"You're in love" I said.

 

"No I can't be" She said.

 

"Yes, you are. Stop complicating things and admit it" I said.

 

"But you know the rules and there's only few of us remaining. We don't even know if we're the last one." she said.

 

"Yes I know but there's nothing wrong in admitting you're in love with her. If you keep denying it it'll only grow so accept it and move on" I said

 

No need to make things too complicated.

 

"Easy for you to say. You never fall in love yet" she said.

 

"True. But love isn't a strange thing for me" I said.

 

"Love isn't a thing that you learn from your books Sso. Just wait till you fall in love and you'll know how I feel" she said.

 

"Yup. I'll just go on with the flow of life Eunjung" I said.

 

A WEEK AFTER

SOMEONE'S POV

 

Some parts of the barrier is was already destroyed and it's a good thing we can cross now.

 

"When will we conquer the mortal world?" she asks.

 

"When the Queen say so." I replied.

 

"I can't wait any longer" She said.

 

"The pure bloods are still out there. Don't rush" I said.

 

"So what? They're out numbered" she said.

 

"But they were still pure bloods" I said.

 

I was once there in the mortal world before the pure bloods successfully repairs the barrier.

 

I wonder how she is.

 

Could she still remember me if we ever meet again?

 

"Tsk. Are you thinking about the mortal again? Stop your fantasies. You can't be together unless you wanna give up your powers" she said.

 

It's true.

 

"Shut up...the barrier is open now and you'll meet her again. What was your plan? She's cursed right?" I ask.

 

"I don't have feelings for her so I’ll be fine. I'll make sure she'll fall in love with me again and I'll make her turn to our side. That's simple." She said.

 

"No it's not. Trying to manipulate a human in simple but manipulating a pure blood is almost impossible." I said.

 

"I didn't say I will manipulate her. I didn't have to" She said and flips her hair before she leaves.

 

Girls really

 

BORAM'S POV

 

It's 5 am and I'm ready to leave now.

 

Jiyeon was still sleeping.

 

I didn't bother to disturb her because it's her day off today and she deserves a break.

 

I go outside of the room and saw Halmoni in the living room.

 

"What's going on Halmoni?" I ask because she seems serious and worried at the same time.

 

"The barrier is open now Boram-ah and it'll be gone at no time" She said.

 

OH MY GOSH!

 

It's a very bad thing.

 

"You have to find the other purebloods immediately to recreate the barrier before the half bloods get in here" She said.

 

But where can I find the other pure bloods?

 

I don't even have a single clue where to find them.

 

I get back inside my room and wake Jiyeon up.

 

"Jiyeon-ah Jiyeon-ah" I shake her lightly but she just turn to the other side and back to sleeping.

 

"Oh my gosh! I got some ice cream!" I said trying to sound like ice cream is my favorite food.

 

"I'm up! I wanna eat ice cream! Where is it?! “She immediately gets up and looks for ice cream.

 

I just wait for her to realize that there's no ice cream and I only did that to wake her up.

 

"Oh. I'm sleeping again" She said and about to go back to sleep but I stop her.

 

"Hey. I need you to cover for me" I said.

 

"What? Why?" she ask.

 

"I've got something really important to do and I can't accompany Miss Eunjung. She'll be mad at me if I didn't go. She needs secretary today please Jiyeon" I pleaded.

 

"But unnie I can't b-..."

 

She didn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter