Chapter 8

Connecting The Missing Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So I'd like to clarify something first before this chapter starts.

Hehe I made a mistake in Chapter 5 . Sorry about that. I don't usually reread the chapter before I update haha.

 

So here it is in Areum's POV

"Before my grandfather dies he said there were six pure bloods in your world. They save them to survive including me but I don't know where or who they are. My grandfather said there were five pure bloods sorcerers of the light and one half blood sorcerers of the dark. Don't ask me about the war coz I don't want to remember it anymore"

 

That part should be pure blood but I wrote half-blood haha. My keyboard's fault haha.

 

I apologize for the confusion I made. Sorry.

 

Thanks for informing me Julz_Corbe

 

No wonder I got confused with your comment jmae unnie haha.

 

 

 

********

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

 

"Just picture the water flowing to your veins and let them go to your hand" I said to Hyomin.

 

We are on the first phase of her training to control her powers.

 

"Darn! I can't do it. Are you guys sure it's really me? You must've been mistaken. I've been doing this since dawn and nothing changes. I'm just a normal swimmer who loves being in the water. I can't control water or light. I don't even have wings like you guys do. You know I think this is crazy." She complains.

 

This girl is making me mad.

 

I was about to stand and smack her head but Qri stop me.

 

"Let me handle this" She said and I just sigh.

 

"Hyomin I know this is a shocking thing to you and we are really sure that it's you. Please be patient. You can't learn everything in a blink of an eye. This is important. You have to learn how to use your powers to protect yourself against the half-bloods or you'll end up just like to your parents" Qri explained to her and Hyomin just sigh.

 

"That's it. Everything seems so unreal to me. You guys told me everything but I can't just believe it immediately. Can you at least give me time to think about this?" She asks.

 

"Time? We do-"

 

"Fine. Take your time and let us know if you’re ready" Qri said.

 

I can't believe her.

 

"Thank you" Hyomin said and go inside Qri's house.

 

"Qri we don't have time. Soyeon is nowhere to be found. The barrier will be lost in no time. The sorcerers of the dark will be everywhere" I said to her.

 

"I know Eunjung. I know but forcing her would be no help. Her powers won't listen to her unless she believes in it. I do understand your concerns as the protector of the royal blood" She said.

 

I sighed again

 

"I'm not suited for that title. I'm alive and the sorcerers that I should be protecting were all gone. I'm a failure to our family" I said.

 

"You're not a failure don't even say that. We were just kids when that happen there's nothing we can do. Just like the rest of us. Believe in yourself. Now we should look for Soyeon" she said.

 

"I'll do it myself. You should watch over Hyomin" I said and she just agreed.

 

Now, how can I find Soyeon?

 

I go to my office first.

 

Maybe my secretary could give me some clues because she's with Soyeon yesterday.

 

When I get there I didn't see Boram anywhere.

 

I think I should call her.

 

I look for her papers and get her number but I can't reach it.

 

Maybe the address will help.

 

I immediately left the office again and headed to Boram's house.

 

It's not so far from here so I decided to walk.

 

I hope Soyeon is fine.

 

And I hope the half-bloods got nothing to do with it.

 

I stop in front of a small house.

 

Maybe it's the house.

 

I saw someone coming outside the door.

 

I smiled.

 

"Jiyeon" I called her and she looks surprise.

 

"Eunjung why are you here? How do you know I live here?" she ask as she approaches me.

 

"I didn't know you live here. I'm looking for Boram. She's still not in the office" I said.

 

"Oh. My unnie didn't come since yesterday. I'm kinda worried too because I can't call her and I don't even know where is she" She said.

 

So Boram is missing too?

 

Could it possibly be that she's with Soyeon?

 

"Are you going to fire my unnie now? I don't really know where she is" Jiyeon worriedly ask.

 

I giggled.

 

She's so cute.

 

"Nah. I won't do that for you" I said and wink at her.

 

"Huh? Why for me?" she asks innocently.

 

"Nothing. Are you going to Qri's shop now?" I ask.

 

"Yeah. I am" She said.

 

"I'll walk with you then" I said and we walk together.

 

Damn.

 

I should be looking for Soyeon and not making some moves to Jiyeon.

 

"Your unnie and my friend Soyeonnie were together yesterday according to Kyul and we haven't contact Soyeon since yesterday too." I said.

 

"Are you thinking that they're together?" she asks.

 

"I don't know. Maybe?" I said.

 

"My unnie doesn't like to make friends so I kinda wonder why would she be with your friend" she said.

 

"Well Soyeon is the kind of person who is full of self-confidence. She never gives up easily to a challege. She find your unnie a challege so maybe that would explain why they're together" I explained.

 

"I see but if they're together why can't we contact them? Why they didn't even let us know where are they?" She asks with a cute expression on her face.

 

I can't help but to smile while looking at her.

 

"Yah why are you smiling?" She asks.

 

"Nothing. I just found you really cute" I said to her.

 

"I'm not cute. I'm pretty" She said

 

"Says who?" I even though she's in deed really pretty.

 

"Me. If I told myself I'm not pretty I would feel bad and cheer myself up by telling myself I'm pretty. It's such a waste right? So I better stick to the happy thoughts" she said and I can't help but laugh at her.

 

Does she always have this kind of thought in her head?

 

She then pout and stomp her feet then walk faster.

 

"Hey Jiyeon wait for me" I said and catch up with her.

 

She was walking with her arms cross and a pouting face.

 

She's like a cute kid.

 

"Hey are mad at me?" I ask.

 

I go in front of her and walk backwards coz I'm facing her.

 

"Jiyeonnie" I call her name with an aegyo that I've never done to anyone before but she's still ignoring me.

 

"I'll treat you ice cream" I said.

 

She suddenly stops walking and look at me but still with a frown on her face.

 

"Jinja?" She asks.

 

I giggled again.

 

Damn it's her weakness.

 

"Yeah" I said and her faces suddenly light up and gave me a big smile.

 

"WAAAHH!! I LOVE YOU EUNJUNG" She said and suddenly throws her arms around me because of too much happiness for the ice cream I guess.

 

"Honey why aren't we as sweet as them"

 

We heard a couple who passed by said.

 

We suddenly pulled a part.

 

Awkward.

 

"Sorry. I just got excited with the ice cream" She apologizes and bows at me.

 

"Nah. You don't have to apologize. Just count me in" I said.

 

"Eh? Count you in what?" she asks.

 

"In someone who's telling you're pretty. I'll help you argue to the side of you who's telling you're not pretty" I said and she giggles.

 

"You're crazy" She said and we start walking again.

 

"Telling the truth is being crazy now?" I ask.

 

"Stop. Let's end that topic here. And by the way can you please let me know if you found your friend? I'm worried about my unnie too" She said.

 

"Ok. Give me your number then" I said and handed her my phone.

 

"Why would I give you my number when you have yours?" She asks while she's saving her number on my phone.

 

"Then, why did you have to steal my heart when you had yours?" I ask and get my phone then run away.

 

"See yah!" I said and continue running away.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter