Chapter 5

Connecting The Missing Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON'S POV

 

Unnie and I finally reach home after that freakin' nerve wracking flying thing.

 

"Are we home now?" I ask coz my vision was twirling and I feel like my stomach just flipped.

 

Gosh!!

 

"Jiyeon you better be used on flying Jiyeon. Your wings will be useless if you can't use them" Unnie said to me

 

"It's not my fault that flying involves heights and it's also not my fault that I got t terrible fear of heights" I said and try to recover.

 

"And where did the two of you go?" Halmoni came out to the back door to see us.

 

"Uhm Halmoni we've done some flying lessons" I said and hug her but...

 

*sparks*

 

"Ouch!!" Halmoni yelp in pain.

 

"And some lightning lessons too.... I'm still charged sorry" I apologize.

 

I still really have to work on my lightning power.

 

Unnie just nodded.

 

We both know that we will get scolded if we told her what really happens.

 

"So you do know how to use your wings now Jiyo?" Halmoni ask me.

 

I should've list the names that she's given to me.

 

I'm pretty sure it'll be a long list.

 

"Halmoni I do know how to use my wings. I'm just afraid of heights. You know if I could just fly with my eyes close and not knowing that I'm floating. I'm pretty sure I could fly." I said.

 

"Oh yeah. That ain' t possible just get in and discharge yourself so that we could go to sleep. I'm pretty tired now Jiyeon" Unnie said and get inside the house.

 

"How about you kid? Are you planning to sleep there?" Halmoni ask me.

 

I shook my head and get inside.

 

Even though I love the cold I don't want to sleep outside.

 

I then go prepare myself to bed to sleep.

 

Boram unnie was already there.

 

I don't know if she's fast asleep but I assume she was coz her eyes were close and she's not making any movement.

 

I go to bed beside unnie and lean on the headboard.

 

I'm still not sleep.

 

There's still lots of things running to my mind.

 

Starting from Ham Eunjung and everything that happens to me when I'm with her.

 

I'm also thinking about the incident tonight.

 

I wonder if helping the girl was worth it.

 

We just left her and she's poisoned.

 

I hope whoever is that someone who arrives after we left help her.

 

And what are those creatures that attack her?

 

Why are they attacking her family?

 

"Why aren't you sleeping yet?" Unnie sit up and ask me.

 

"I don't know. Maybe I'm still a little bit charged." I said.

 

"Be careful of using lightning. You haven't even mastered it yet" She said.

 

"I haven't mastered any of my powers unnie. I'm not as good as you are" I said.

 

"You will be. In time. Just be patient." She said.

 

"Unnie. What are those creatures a while ago? Are they like us? And they can do the same thing as you. The dark poisoned smoke" I said.

 

"Nope. They're mortals. Someone is manipulating them. They're not the one who's doing it. Their power came from the one who's controlling them" Unnie explained.

 

"So there are still someone like us around" I concluded.

 

"That's possible but we can't trust them. They might kill us so don't ever reveal yourself to anyone ok?" Unnie said and I just nod.

 

"Is there something else I have to know about this whole thing?" I ask unnie and she shook her head.

 

"You know everything you need to know Jiyeon. Now let's sleep. Coz there's still lots of things we have to do tomorrow" she said.

 

Unnie said but why do I feel like it's not everything that I should know?

 

Anyway let me get some sleep.

 

I'll have the answers next time.

 

But....

 

"Unnie will the girl a while ago die?" I ask

 

"No. She will be in a long sleep. About a week of sleep." She said.

 

A week of sleep?

 

"Well at least she's still alive" I said

 

"Hmmm. But it depends on the amount of poison you take. It could be a month and the longest one was for a year" Unnie explains then yawn.

 

"Turn off the lights" She said.

 

I turn off the lights and go to sleep.

 

 

SOYEON'S POV

 

It's already midnight but we're still up.

 

Qri is trying to reduce the poison on Hyomin's body while Eunjung and I were trying to examine this body that I brought with me.

 

"It's a mortal" Eunjung said.

 

"A mortal under manipulation spell" She added.

 

"It seems like it. Someone is controlling them behind the barriers. Only proves that it's getting thinner" I said.

 

"Can we still repair it?" Eunjung ask.

 

"I don't think we could. We've repaired the barrier three times already. We need to make a new one" I said.

 

"But our powers were not enough to make a new one" she said.

 

"I guess even if we had Hyomin we still can't make a new one. We still need to find someone who could help us" Qri said

 

"Right. But where can we find one? I don't have any lead right now but I'm still going to look for them" I said.

 

"Burn this thing Eunjung" I said

 

"Can't Kyul just send it back? It's a mortal someone might be looking for him" Eunjung said.

 

"Arasso" Qri said and send the man back to Hyomin's house.

 

"On the second thought I think I should erase every trace in there so that they're not be looking for Hyomin" Eunjung said.

 

It's a good thing that she's thinking too.

 

"Ok I'll flash you there" Qri said.

 

"No need. You're tired from healing Hyomin. Eunjung and I will just fly to get there" I said.

 

Kyul got to use her energy so much.

 

And Eunjung and I will use the window once again.

 

We fly to Hyomin's house and she burned them.

 

"Can you make it a little stronger so that it'll be fast" I said.

 

We're still up here in the air while she's burning the house.

 

"Sso do you think there's still someone like us out there?" She asks.

 

"I'm trying to positive about that. We need six or more people to create a barrier and I hope we find them before it's too late. I know we're out numbered and we're week coz we're outside the territory but we must still stay positive about things." I said.

 

"I'm scared about these things" she said.

 

"You're not the only one" I said.

 

We waited till everything was turned into ashes before we left.

 

"We need to rest. See you tomorrow" I said and headed to my house and she do the same.

 

 

THE NEXT MORNING

AREUM'S POV

 

It's early in the morning and I'm heading to the flower shop.

 

It's too early for that but I do believe in saying that early bird catches the worm.

 

There's no catch on this at all I just have nothing to do on my house.

 

I passed by the barriers a while ago.

 

It's so thin now and it's a bad thing.

 

"Areum"

 

I stop in front of someone's house's gate when a woman calls me.

 

She comes out of the gate.

 

"Goodmorning Mrs. Williams" I greeted her.

 

"Goodmorning too. I just wanna ask how's my baby doing." She asks.

 

"So far she's still not aware of anything but sooner or later she really have to learn how to control her powers before the signs gets too visible." I said.

 

"When that time comes I hope you could help her" She said and I nod.

 

"Does Mr. William know?" I ask.

 

"No. He hasn’t. He doesn't have any idea that we exist" she said.

 

"I guess I have to leave now Mrs. Williams" I said when I saw someone approaching our way.

 

"Ok. Take care" She said and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter