Chapter 12

Connecting The Missing Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HYOMIN'S POV

 

Qri brought us in Soyeon's house.

 

I do understand what makes Soyeon smart.

 

Her house where full of books.

 

It's like living in the library but there's still a room called Soyeon's Library

 

Maybe her library was already full so she decided to place some of her books in the other parts of her house.

 

"Qri unnie...Is it really ok that we left Jiyeon with Miss Eunjung? You know those two have feelings for each other" Areum said.

 

"Well, I tried to stop them but nothing happens. There's something that keeps pulling them together" Kyul said.

 

"So you mean it alright that Eunjung gave up her powers to be with Jiyeon?" I ask.

 

"That can't be unnie. We're out numbered and we can't afford to lose another pure blood" Areum said and Kyul suddenly pop a flower in front of us.

 

"Relax ok? I know that Eunjung is aware of that thing. She might be a short-tempered sorceress who is a little obsessed about neatness but she's responsible. She came from the family of royal protectors of the light so we can trust her. Besides, we are all aware that sorcerers lose their powers when they do it  with a mortal" She explains and my mouth hangs open.

 

"I thought there's some kind of rituals needed to be done in other for a sorcerer to be a mortal." I said

 

"In some ways it's a ritual Hyo" Areum said to me.

 

"Well, I was expecting something more decent than that" I said and look away.

 

Damn

 

Our topic is going a little bit too far.

 

"Wait...what was is it that ritual you guys were talking about?" Shannon innocently asks.

 

"Uhmm...Qri unnie should start locating Miss Soyeon and Miss Boram" Areum said ignoring Shannon's question.

 

Shannon then look at me and I immediately pretend to be reading a book.

 

I don't know how to explain things to her.

 

She's a kid and she's still too innocent.

 

Kyul start locating Soyeon and Boram so no one will answer her question.

 

"Fine. It's ok if you don't want to explain it to me. I will marry Eunjung anyway" She just said.

 

Heol.

 

I wonder how long will she be in that fantasy.

 

I put the book away and just start practicing my powers.

 

We need to prepare for the war.

 

I was focusing on converting my energy to water when a sudden pain in my head distracted my concentration.

 

Another scene flashed to my head.

 

It was fast but I clearly see it.

 

I was sweating cold after that.

 

It's not good sight to see.

 

Never.

 

"Found it" We all look at Qri and she suddenly disappear

 

"Where did she go?" I ask.

 

"To where her flower is right now." Areum answered.

 

"Why don't she just flash them here instead of going there?" I ask.

 

"She have to see it exactly the way it should be to teleport them" Areum explains.

 

Heol.

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

 

Jiyeon and I were here in the flower shop but we never talk to each other.

 

I was just right here in the couch stealing glances to her.

 

I don't have the courage to talk to her right now after last night and that big mistake I made about agreeing with Suzy.

 

I think she's mad at me coz she's ignoring me the whole time.

 

She might have thought that I'm only playing her.

 

But why is she like that?

 

Why does she look so sad and it looks like she cried?

 

I wanna go to her and ask her but I just can't do it.

 

I need something to cheer her up.

 

Hmm.

 

I stand up and go outside the shop.

 

I'm going to buy ice cream for her.

 

It's her favorite.

 

After I bought ice cream I came back to the shop but I was surprise to find her crying on the counter.

 

I immediately rush to her.

 

"Jiyeon. What's wrong?" I worriedly ask her.

 

She looks at me and hugs me.

 

I just rub her back and let her cry on my shoulder till she feels better.

 

I pulled her to sit on the couch.

 

She really looks sad and I don't want to see her like this.

 

I wipe her tears with my hand.

 

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I ask.

 

"I just miss my grandma. You know she never got my name right. Not even once and sometimes she really talks nonsense things but she's the best grandma in the world. She raises me and unnie all by herself and teaches us all the things that we have to know. It's just so hard for me to accept that one day I will come home and found her lifeless. I'll never see my Halmoni ever again" She said and cries again.

 

I took her hand and make her look at me.

 

"Jiyeon. I don't know how can ease your pain but I want you to know that you're not alone. I'm here for you and it hurts me to see you crying like this" I said and make her lean on my shoulder.

 

"As long as I live you'll never be alone" I said and I don't know what's gotten into me but I kiss her forehead.

 

"You can fly right?" She asks.

 

Huh?

 

"Yeah. But I thought you were afraid of heights" I said

 

"Hmm but that's the thing that I feel like doing right now. Can you take me?" she asks while looking directly into my eyes.

 

How can I say no to her?

 

"If that what would make you feel better but I bought ice cream" I said.

 

"Oh...let's eat them first then" She said while wiping her tears with her free hand.

 

I'm kinda happy that she's allows me to hold her hand.

 

"Nah. I've got a better idea" I said and wink at her.

 

She giggled.

 

"Wae?" I ask.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter