Chapter 2

Connecting The Missing Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

QRI'S POV

 

After I left Jiyeon to Areum I leave already. Areum could take care of her.

 

I actually don't have a plan to get another employee for my shop but I feel something strong toward that kid.

 

I just don't know what is it yet and I also feel like I've seen her somewhere but I can't remember.

 

And by the way I here at the beach where a swimming competition is currently taking place.

 

I'm not here to relax or to have fun.

 

I'm here to confirm something.

 

I need to meet Park Sunyoung but she's known for

 

"Park Hyomin wins!"

 

I heard someone in the audience say.

 

I immediately look at the leading person in the race.

 

It's a girl who swims so fast like she was a part of the water.

 

Hmm.

 

It must be her already.

 

I waited for the competition to end and that Park Hyomin.

 

They're now heading to the shore.

 

Maybe I could take this chance to talk to her and confirm things.

 

I approach her when she gets into the shore.

 

 "You swim so fast. I've never seen someone who swims like that before. You're amazing" I said to her and she look down.

 

I guess she get shy.

 

"I'm not that good" She said shyly.

 

"I doubt that" I said and lift her chin.

 

"Stop looking down and show your pretty face" I said and smile to her once again.

 

I do love to smile you know that.

 

I noticed that her face turns red and I smile even more.

 

"T-thank you." She said and looks down.

 

This kid loves to look down

 

"I'm your fan Park Hyomin" I said

 

Then suddenly someone caught my attention.

 

Why are they here?

 

Did they know already?

 

"Be careful with everyone around you" I said and leave.

 

I then call Eunjung to inform her about a good news with a little touch of a bad news.

 

"Hello Kyul" She answered.

 

"It's confirmed" I said the good news

 

"Really? That's great news then. Thanks God. The long wait is over" she said.

 

"But we got a little problem" Then the bad news

 

"She not aware" I said.

 

I heard her sigh from the other line.

 

"Just inform Soyeon about it. She's the smart one so I'm sure she'll think of something" I said to her.

 

"Ok  I will. So where are you now?" She asks.

 

"I'm still here. Just going to watch over her for few more hours. I've seen some uninvited here" I said

 

"That fast?" She asks in surprise.

 

"Hmm" I just said.

 

"Just be careful and don't get in trouble by yourself" She reminded me

 

"Yeah yeah. I don't plan to do so. Don't worry" I said and hang up.

 

I guess I had to be here till those uninvited leaves.

 

I'm here observing Park Hyomin from a distance.

 

She's talking to a middle-age man and a woman which I believe her adoptive parents.

 

No wonder she's not aware.

 

HYOMIN'S POV

 

I wonder who's that girl.

 

She smells like flower and her smiles.

 

There's something in her smiles but I don't know what it is.

 

She was just talking to me a while ago and then when I look up she's gone and all that's left was this beautiful red rose.

 

I've seen roses before but I never seen something as beautiful as this one.

 

Anyway I took the flower with me and meet my parents.

 

They weren't my real parents but they take care of me like I came from them so I don't think there's a reason for me not to like and treat them as my real parents.

 

"Umma!! Appa!! I won!! I won!!" I happily approach them showing my trophy

 

"We saw it Minnie and I'm very proud of you" Umma said to me and give me a hug even though I'm still wet.

 

"You swim very fast just like me when I was your age" Appa said proudly.

 

Somehow he's the one who got me into this sport.

 

Another reason is that I really love the water and the bright things.

 

"Hey who gave you that rose? Is someone courting you now?" Appa ask.

 

"Eobseoyeo...a girl left this a while ago. She said she was my fan but she suddenly disappears and I saw this. I don't know where did she go and the rose was pretty that's why I took it" I explained and look around at the same time hoping that I could see that girl somewhere.

 

I could easily tell that she's not from here coz I had never seen her before.

 

But

 

Why did she tell me to be careful?

 

Be careful about what?

 

JIYEON'S POV

 

I know Boram unnie told me to stop making friends but I guess I need a friend to talk to coz theirs only two of us in here.

 

We're only three if Qri is here.

 

But I wonder if this two ever talk when they're both here.

 

This Lee Areum seems very serious to this work

 

I don't mean to say that I'm not serious but she's too focus that she doesn't even want to talk.

 

She just instructs me of what to do just like what Qri said and never talk to me again.

 

She didn't even bother to introduce herself to me.

 

I wonder if she had friends

 

Or maybe she doesn't like me.

 

I'm curious.

 

"Hey, don't you like me here? Why aren't you talking?" I ask her.

 

"There's nothing to talk about and I don't make friends" She said.

 

"Eh? How about Qri unnie?" I ask.

 

"She's our boss" She said.

 

"Heol you sound like Boram unnie" I said

 

"Boram?" She asks.

 

"Yeah, my cousin. Why? Do you know someone whose name was Boram?" I curiously ask.

 

It's impossible that she's unnie's friends coz unnie doesn't like to be friends with anyone.

 

This two would get along really well.

 

Or maybe not because they both doesn't like to make friends.

 

Ah! MOLLA!!

 

Why am I even thinking about that?

 

Then I remember the incident yesterday.

 

Now there's a huge possibility for me to meet her again. Whatever her name is.

 

"Hey the girl who tie her hair like a bun over her head and the charming girl with short hair was Miss Qri's friends right?" I ask her again.

 

I know she doesn't want to be friends but it doesn’t mean I can't ask her.

 

"Yeah. Park Soyeon the girl with a bun over the head and Ham Eunjung. They were her only friend I think. And if I were you start calling our boss unnie instead of Miss Qri. She prefer to be called unnie" She said and I nod

 

"So where can I meet this Ham Eunjung?" I ask her and she laugh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter