The Sound of Darkness - Chapter 9

The Sound of Darkness

Sunggyu avoided Woohyun's eyes as he stared straight ahead, not wanting to answer him.  Woohyun slowly reached for Sunggyu's hand lacing their fingers together.  The gesture made Sunggyu turn his head to look at him.  Neither spoke a word as Sunggyu slowly leaned foward.  Their lips almost touched when they were suddenly interrupted.

"Boss, you want me to get you a room?" they heard Dongwoo asked as he glanced in the rearview mirror.

Sunggyu sat back up.  For a moment, they had forgotten where they were.  Sunggyu kicked the back of the driver's seat which Dongwoo was sitting in. 

"Just drive," he ordered.


Dinner was fine dining at an elegant and most expensive restaurant that Woohyun had ever set foot in.  He hesitated to enter, feeling a little intimidated.  Sunggyu noticed this and grabbed his hand, pulling him along.  The minute they stepped inside, the waiters along with the manager came out to greet them.  Woohyun figured that Sunggyu must be a regular customer.

As they were shown to their seats, Woohyun noticed that the luxurious restaurant had no other customer.

"Why are we the only ones here?" he asked almost in a whisper.

Sunggyu smile.  "I booked out the place so you can relax," Sunggyu replied.  He reached for Woohyun's hands across the table.  "Shall we continue where we left off?"

They were interrupted by the sounds of glass shattering as gunshots blasted around them.  Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun as he pulled him down to duck for cover.  Screams were heard as the terrified waiters tried to run.

"Get down!" Sunggyu shouted to them.

"Boss!" said Dongwoo as he ran over to their table, with his gun ready.

Sunggyu pulled out a gun from inside his jacket and loaded it.  "Dongwoo, get Woohyun out of here.  I'll cover you."

"Sunggyu-" Woohyun started to protest.

"Boss, we're surrounded," said Dongwoo.

"Get Sungyeol on the line," Sunggyu ordered as he made his way to the exit.

"Sunggyu!" Woohyun grabbed his hand to stop him.  "Please don't do this."

Sunggyu's expression softened when he saw the concern in Woohyun's face.  He reached out a hand to the side of his face.  "I'll be fine," he reassured him as he ran a finger along Woohyun's lips.  How he wanted to taste those lips but the sounds of bullets shattering glass told him it was not the time or place.

"Dongwoo, take care of him.  If he loses a strand of hair, you'll have to answer to me," Sunggyu warned as he walked out.

Sunggyu kicked opened the doors as he exited.  With his gun in his hand he shot and killed the ones he aimed for.  The men turned their attention to him.

Using this opportunity, Dongwoo led Woohyun out as they headed for their car parked nearby.  Dongwoo fired at several of the men who were in their way before they made it to their car.

"Get in!" he said as he started the engine.

Woohyun hesistated as he glanced back to see Sunggyu out of bullets and fighting with the group of men.

Just then a white car pulled up as the group of men stepped back.  A man in a dark suit stepped out and opened the back passenger door.  Sunggyu watched as a man in a white suit stepped out, adjusting his tie.

Sunggyu looked at the man standing before him.  There was something familiar about his face but Sunggyu couldn't remember who he was.

The man smiled at Sunggyu.  "Don't tell me you've forgotten about me," said the man as he pulled out his gun and pointed it at him.  "Brother."