The Sound of Darkness - Chapter 11

The Sound of Darkness

The sky was enveloped in a blanket of darkness as Woohyun stood on the balcony staring into the distance.  He was so concerntrated on his thoughts he did not hear the knock at his door.  Sunggyu entered after knocking several times with no answer.  He wandered in with a bottle of wine in one hand and two glasses in the other.  He frowned when Woohyun hadn't even noticed him.

Placing the wine and glasses down on the table, he quiety walked over to Woohyun.  He wrapped his arms around Woohyun from behind and pulled him close.  Woohyun was startled but smiled when he realised who it was.  He raised his hands to hold onto Sunggyu's arms that were wrapped around him.

"What are you doing here?" asked Woohyun.

"We kept getting interrupted today," Sunggyu replied.  "I was hoping we could continue, but you didn't even notice me just now.  What were you thinking about?" asked Sunggyu as he rested his chin on Woohyun's shoulder.

"You...and me," Woohyun replied as he turned around to face him.  "Why would you risk your life for me?"

Sunggyu wrapped his arms around Woohyun's waist, pulling his body closer.  "In case I didn't make myself clear," he said as he leaned down and kissed Woohyun's lips softly.  Sunggyu felt Woohyun respond to the kiss.  He pulled back to smile at Woohyun before capturing his lips again.


It was three hours past midnight when he entered the place.  He saw the man waiting in his seat with his bodyguard standing beside him on one side and his messenger on the other.

"Nice of you to show up," said the man.  "I was starting to think that maybe you had forgotten all about our little deal."

He didn't reply.  There was no excuse for what he did.

"You had orders but you didn't follow them," said the man.  "Has your time with him made your loyalty waver?"

He could only lower his head.

"One last chance," warned the man.


Sungyeol arrived back at the mansion to find Dongwoo sleeping in the lounge with the tv still on.  He walked over and switched it off before tapping Dongwoo on the shoulder.  Dongwoo woke up with a jolt.  He frowned when he noticed the tv was off.

"I was watching that," said Dongwoo.

Sungyeol rolled his eyes.  "You were sleeping," he corrected.

Dongwoo looked at Sungyeol.  "Sungyeol," he yawned.  "Where have you been?"

"Told you I had some business to take care of," Sungyeol replied.  "How's Sunggyu?"

"Boss is having some alone time with Woohyun.  You better not interrupt him," replied Dongwoo.

Sungyeol sighed.  "I'm going to bed.  You should too."


Sunggyu let out a deep sigh as he leaned back in his seat.  Dongwoo glanced at him in the rearview mirror.

"Don't worry, Boss," said Dongwoo.  "The interview should be over soon."

Ignoring Dongwoo, Sunggyu sighed again.  "Why didn't he say it?" he mumbled to himself.

"Say what?" asked Dongwoo.

Sunggyu looked up at him.  "Just keep watch," he ordered.

"Ah, he's out!" exclaimed Dongwoo.

Sunggyu looked ahead and saw Woohyun exiting the building.  He was about to go out and meet him when he noticed a person approaching Woohyun.  Sunggyu's eyes narrowed when he recognised that person.  He saw the person walk up to Woohyun and pull him in close, wrapping his arms around Woohyun's neck as he whispered something in his ear.  Sunggyu glared at them.  If looks could kill, that person would be lying in a pool of blood.  He watched as they finally let go.  Sunggyu clenched his fist when he saw Woohyun following the person.

"Dongwoo, where is this cafe?" he asked.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

I'll leave it to your imaginations as to what happened in that room after the kiss LOL