The Sound of Darkness - Chapter 7

The Sound of Darkness

Sunggyu raced up stairs of the rundown building with Sungyeol following behind.  He arrived at the door of Woohyun's apartment and was about to knock when he saw a white envelop sticking out from the side of the door.  It was addressed to the leader of the Jin Ho Group.  

He quickly read the letter and threw it aside before racing back down the stairs.  Sungyeol picked up the letter and read it.

"They're using him to lure you there.  It's obviously a trap!" shouted Sungyeol but his words fell on deaf ears as he watched Sunggyu drive away.


Woohyun regained consciousness to find himself being tied to a chair, surrounded by the same group of youths who had attacked the shop the other day.  He glanced around, noticing the place had no windows and only one way out through the thick iron door.

"Do you think the leader of the Jin Ho Group will really come?" asked one of the youths slightly worried.

"Of course.  We've got a hostage," replied a second youth.

Woohyun seemed amused.  "Why would the leader of some group come because of me?"

"He's here!" exclaimed another, much to Woohyun's surprise.

The iron door opened as Sunggyu stepped inside with arms raised in surrender as a youth grabbed his gun from his pocket and pointed it at him.  Sunggyu smiled when he saw Woohyun but his smile soon disappeared when he saw that Woohyun had been beaten.

"How dare you do that to him!" Sunggyu scolded.

He grabbed the nearest youth and started beating him up as the others tried to hold him back.

"Stop it!" ordered the youth with the gun as he waved it about with his finger on the trigger.

Sunggyu noticed the direction at which the gun was pointed.  He ran in front of Woohyun as a shot was fired.  Sunggyu stumbled back and saw the blood gushing out from his chest.

"Sunggyu!" Woohyun shouted when he realised what had happened.

"Idiot, why did you shoot?" said one of the youths.  "Come on, lets go inform him and get our money!"

They all left the room locking the door behind them.

Despite all the bleeding, Sunggyu staggered over to Woohyun to untie him before collapsing to the ground.  Woohyun took off his shirt and used it to stop the bleeding.

"I was hoping you weren't the leader.  I was hoping you wouldn't come," said Woohyun.  "How can you be so reckless?"

"As if I could leave you alone," replied Sunggyu.  He grabbed Woohyun's hand that was pressing on his wound.  "Please don't cast me aside," he begged.

Woohyun looked at him.  "I won't," Woohyun replied softly.  "But we have to get you out of here."

Sunggyu smiled.  "Don't worry," he said.  "They'll be here soon."


They didn't have to wait long when they heard the door blast opened.  Sungyeol and Dongwoo entered with several of their men to be greeted with the sight of Woohyun cradling Sunggyu in his arms.

"Should we come back later?" asked Dongwoo feeling as though they had interrupted something.


The group of youths led a man in a dark suit to the location.  They panicked when they saw the door was opened and the place was empty.  Without a word, the man whipped out his gun and fired at each of them, killing them instantly.  He turned to the remaining youth who noticed that the man was out of bullets.  The youth started to run.  The man pulled out a knife from his pocket and threw it at him, knocking him down.

"Useless," he said as he took out his phone and dialled it.  "He's gone."


"I see," replied the man as he ended the call.  He stood up from his seat and flicked a speck of dust off the shoulder of his white suit.  "As expected from the leader of the Jin Ho Group," he commented as he looked at the person opposite him.

The person he had been sitting with produced another set of photos and laid them on the table.  "He does have a weakness though," said the person pushing one of the photos towards the man.

The man picked up the photo and smiled.  "I need you to do me something for me."