The Sound of Darkness - Chapter 15

The Sound of Darkness

Warning: Going to put this here just in case there are squirmish people.  There's a part in the backstory  which is a bit bloody and violent in this chapter, nothing too graphic but just in case.  Yes, blame it on my deprived childhood.  No princess fairytales for me.  I had stepmothers who chopped up their kids and cooked them.  Those were the stories my grandma used to tell us when we were kids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sunggyu looked at Myungsoo in disbelief.  Woohyun seemed just as shocked as Sunggyu was.

"What are you talking about?" Sunggyu asked, confused.

"How convenient for you to do what you did and forget all about it?" accused Myungsoo.  "Don't you remember brother?"

"I do!" shouted Sunggyu.  "You killed them.  I saw you.  The knife in your hand.  The blood."

Myungsoo smirked.  "I guess traumatic events can cause one to distort their own memory.  You wanted to believe so much that I was responsible, you created a false memory where I was in your place.  But brother, I hate to tell you this, it was you."

Sunggyu shook his head in disbelief.  His head was hurting.  The pain was unbearable.  He couldn't breathe.  Couldn't think.  He collapsed to his knees as he clutched his head.

Woohyun couldn't stand it any longer.  It hurt him to see Sunggyu suffer.  He put his gun away and ran over to him, pulling him into his embrace.

"Sunggyu," Woohyun cried as he hugged him tight.

Myungsoo smiled at the sight of Sunggyu being tormented.  He had waited so long for this day.

"Remember brother?" mocked Myungsoo.

"Stop it, please," Woohyun begged, but Myungsoo ignored his pleas.

"Remember the night you killed our parents?" continued Myungsoo.

"NOOOO!" screamed Sunggyu as his clutched his head tighter.

No matter how hard he tried to push them away, his memory was coming back.  He remembered now.  

That night, he heard a loud bang.  He heard his mother scream.  He ran to find her on the ground in a pool of blood.  He looked at the man standing next to her body with a gun in his hand.  He screamed as he grabbed the knife from the fruit bowl nearby and ran towards the man.  The man seemed surprised as he tried to calm the boy.  But it was too late.  The boy glared at him with hatred in his eyes as he screamed and plunged the knife into the man's chest.  Over and over again.  Blood splattered on his face.  Even after the man collapsed to the ground, the boy continued.  Over and over again.
 
He finally stopped, realising the man wasn't moving anymore.  He laughed until he heard footsteps.  He turned to see a young boy staring at him, eyes wide in shock.  The young boy turned to run but he stopped him.  The two struggled for the knife.  The young boy managed to yank the knife out from his hand as he pointed it at him, telling him to keep away.

They heard a voice at the door as the butler appeared.  The young boy pushed the butler aside and ran with the knife still clutched in his hand.

"Oh my God!" cried the butler when he saw the horrific scene.  "Master Sunggyu!"  He rushed over to the boy on the floor who collapsed in his arms.


"Sunggyu?" Woohyun called softly.

Sunggyu stopped clutching his head as he slowly raised his eyes to look at Woohyun, who seemed startled at the sudden change in his expression.

"He's not here right now," replied Sunggyu with a sinister smirk.

Woohyun's eyes widened in shock as he stared at the man before him.

Before he could react, Sunggyu reached for Woohyun's gun and whacked him across the back of the head.  Woohyun collapsed to the ground.

Myungsoo was surprised at Sunggyu's sudden action.  Sunggyu fired at him before he could react.  Myungsoo stumbled back as he clutched his shoulder.  Hoya returned fire as he tried to pull Myungsoo to safety.

"Sunggyu!"

"Boss!"

Sungyeol and Dongwoo arrived with several of their men.

"Kill them!" Sunggyu ordered.

Seeing that they were outnumbered, Hoya fired his way out, pulling Myungsoo with him.  Sungyeol and Dongwoo led the men after them.

Sunggyu turned back to look at the unconscious Woohyun and smiled.