The Sound of Darkness - Chapter 10

The Sound of Darkness

Sunggyu's eyes widened in shock.  "Myungsoo," Sunggyu said as he glared with anger in his eyes.  "I won't forgive you!"

Myungsoo laughed.  "What is there to forgive?"

Sunggyu clenched his fists.

"It's been fun playing with you, brother.  Too bad this is the end."  Myungsoo pointed his gun at Sunggyu and pulled the trigger.

"No!" Woohyun cried.

He ran over and pushed the gun away as it fired in the air.  Myungsoo seemed a little surprised at the sudden intrusion.  The man in the dark suit grabbed Woohyun's arms and held it behind his back.  With his other hand, he pulled a knife out and pressed it against Woohyun's neck.

"Woohyun!" Sunggyu shouted out running over to him.

Myungsoo smiled and pointed his gun at Woohyun which made Sunggyu freeze.  "Interesting," said Myungsoo as he looked at Woohyun then back at Sunggyu.  "It seems you have a loyal pet.  Better tell him to behave, otherwise Hoya will slit his throat."

"Touch him and I will kill you," warned Sunggyu with a death glare.

Paying no heed to Sunggyu's words, Hoya pressed the knife deeper against Woohyun's neck, drawing a thin line of blood.  This made Sunggyu's blood boil as he lunged at him and grabbed the blade with his hand.  

Shots rang out as Sungyeol arrived with his men.  Admist the frenzy, Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun and shielded him in his arms from the rain of bullets.  Dongwoo ran to cover for them.

Hoya pulled out his gun and shielded Myungsoo as he fired at the new arrival.

"Their backup's arrived.  We should go," suggested Hoya.

Myungsoo glared at Sunggyu before taking Hoya's advice as they retreated from the scene.


"I'm sorry," said Sunggyu as he gently touched the faint line across Woohyun's neck.  "It's my fault."

Woohyun shook his head.  "It's not your fault," he replied as he sat bandaging Sunggyu's hand.

"You're not going to ask me about him?" asked Sunggyu.

Woohyun looked at him.  "It's none of my business."

Sunggyu smile.  "That's what I love about you," he said.  "It's true.  He is my brother, but he disappeared years ago after he killed our parents."

Woohyun was startled to hear that.  "Your parents?"

Sunggyu nodded.  "I saw him that night.  The murderous look in his eyes and the blood stained knife in his hand.  I don't remember much though.  I was knocked out after that.  When I woke, they told me he had disappeared.  How could my own brother do such a thing?"

Woohyun didn't know what to say so he leaned over and hugged him tight.

They remained like that for awhile until Dongwoo came barging into the room.  Sunggyu rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Boss!" said Dongwoo.  "We found out Kim Myungsoo is now leader of the Baekho Group."

"Where's Sungyeol?" asked Sunggyu.

"He said he had some other issues to take care of," replied Dongwoo.

"I want Kim Myungsoo found," ordered Sunggyu.