The Sound of Darkness - Chapter 14

The Sound of Darkness

Sunggyu raised his eyes in disbelief as he saw Woohyun holding onto the gun that was aimed at his head.

"I'm sorry," Woohyun repeated with tears in his eyes.

"Why?" Sunggyu asked softly.

Woohyun could only shake his head in silence.

"It seems you have taking quite a liking to my Woohyun," said Myungsoo with a smile.  "I was rather surprised actually.  It made his job so much easier."

Sunggyu felt hurt and anger, knowing the one person he trusted most had betrayed him.  He closed his eyes, trying to find a moment's peace.  To think.  He rememebered that night when Woohyun kept offering him wine.  One bottle led to two and two became three.  He eventually lost count towards the end of the night.  He saw Woohyun leave the room but he was too tired to give it much thought.  Now he understood.

"That night," said Sunggyu.  "Did you deliberately get me drunk so you could go to him to plan all this?"  He looked at Woohyun, eyes pained with sorrow.  "Was it all a lie from the start?  Did it all mean nothing to you?"  He clutched his chest.  "Woohyun,"" he cried.  "It hurts."

Silent tears strolled down Woohyun's face.

"Say something!" Sunggyu yelled at him.

Woohyun was speechless.  He wanted to tell Sunggyu that it all wasn't a lie.  That at first he did set out to deceive him but the time they spent together, he soon learned to feel for him.  He wanted to tell him that he had no choice.  That he owed his life to the Baekho leader and that he had promised he would repay him at all cost.  He wanted to tell Sunggyu that he was hurting too.  But there was nothing he could say now that would make Sunggyu believe him.

"Pull that trigger," Sunggyu told him softly.  "It hurts too much.  I can't take it.  Please end it."

Woohyun shook his head, the tears still refusing to stop.

"If I am to die, I would rather it be by your hands," said Sunggyu.

Myungsoo was amused by the scene playing out in front of him.  "How does it feel?" he said.  "Now you know how much it hurts to be betrayed.  It hurts a hundred times more when it's family."

"What would you know?" Sunggyu shouted as he turned to face Myungsoo.

"Oh I know brother, more than you think," replied Myungsoo.  "I won't let you die that easily.  I will make sure you suffer before then."

"You're a cold blooded murderer!  I swore that I would kill you to avenge our parents," said Sunggyu.

Myungsoo laughed.  "So it's true," he said.  "My brother really has lost his mind.  When was it?  Was it the night you killed our parents and went after me?"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

LOL I feel like such a troll.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

It'll be new years in a few hours here...so hot right now...