43. Music

Love, Sweet Love

Word count: 253
_____________________________

"Okay guys, let's do this again!"
They were all tired. As glamorous as the life of a Kpop star might seem, it's nothing like that. The stars spent hours and hours practising every possible thing, whether I'd be dancing, singing and rapping or other useful things such as languages, variety and communication with the public. It sure was tiring.
"Are you okay?", Jackson looked up to face Mark. He smiled weakly.
"Yeah, just a little out of breathe at the moment."
"We could always ask for a break?"
"No, let's continue."

During the first months of training, Jackson was ready to give up. Sure, he would love to be able to perform in front of a huge audience and participate in different variety shows but he was questioning whether or not the intense training was worth it. For all he knew he might not even get to debut. That's when he met this one Californian boy who apparently faced the same struggles as Jackson. Jackson was relieved knowing the Californian couldn't speak fluent Korean either, which brought them closer since both of them spoke both English and Mandarin.
"I miss my family a lot."
"I can see how. I miss mine too."
"What if we got thrown out and have nowhere to go?"
"Then we'll just have to work hard to make sure it doesn't happen."
Mark became his motivation. And all of a sudden, the thought of working with music wasn't a doubt anymore. Because music was what brought the pair together.

_____________________________