103. Cemetary/Grave

Love, Sweet Love

a/n: slightly angsty but very fluffy (in my opinion)
Trigger warning for mentions and thoughts about death.

Word count: 641
_____________________________

"It'll be okay."
Those exact words were what he was told before her last breath was taken. He had been in the same room the whole time, watching his beloved grandmother pass away. A day he'd never forget and somehow he wasn't sure if he actually wanted to.
Mark wished he could turn back time and have a nice talk with her again, he wanted to tell her about how his life turned out after he left the US and started working in South Korea, he wanted her to tell him how she was doing and about funny meetings in the stores. Like she always did. Most of all, he wanted to tell her about Jackson. The now most treasured human being in his life, someone he couldn't live without. He wanted her to know he finally found that someone he longed for. He wanted her to know he was safe with his partner. He wanted her to know about Jackson's existence.
Unfortunately she passed away before he knew about Jackson's existence and there wasn't anything he could do about it. This day in particular was the anniversary of her death and as a tradition he would sit by her grave and talk to her for as long as he could. He wasn't sure how he could always get a free day the day of her anniversary but he wasn't complaining.
It would be a quick visit to the US, the two of them having to fly back the same day due to early schedule the next day.
"Hi grandma. It's been a while, a whole year to be exact. I will have to make it quicker than usually do, because our flight leaves in an hour again. I just wanted to drop by and tell you that I love you and will never forget you. I'm so thankful you've been part of my life, I'm not quite sure what I have done to deserve such greatness. You must be tired of hearing this every single year. I brought someone with me today, someone I wish you would've met. This is Jackson Wang, my other half. We met when we both left our families to become celebrities in a Korean music group. I really do wish you could've met him. After all talks I've had with him, he thought he wouldn't be able to reach your standards of what you set out for my future partner but I know for sure you would love him."
Jackson pressed a soft kiss to Mark's temple. Hearing his lover speak so softly and sadly to the gravestone in front of them was heartbreaking and as happy as Jackson as for Mark to be able to do this, he couldn't wait to get out. He wished he could bring the lady back from the dead so Mark wouldn't be sad and he cursed himself for not having the ability to do so.
Instead of letting himself be pulled down by his not-so-decent thoughts, he embraced Mark. The warmth Mark's body transferred to his was incredible and Jackson wouldn't trade it for anything. He needed it and he knew Mark needed Jackson too. That's just how they worked.
"I sometimes wish I died to meet you again but at the same time I do not want to die until I've lived happily with this guy. I can't wait for the day we'll reunite but I want it to be when I have a lot to tell you. We have to go now. Grandma, I love you. See you next year."

"Do you really think she'd like me?"
They were on the airplane in the middle of the flight when Jackson let his curiosity loose.
"She wouldn't like you Jacks, she'd love you. Who doesn't?"
Jackson kissed Mark, feeling overwhelmed by Mark's sweet words.
"It'll be okay."

_____________________________