125. Hiding

Love, Sweet Love

Get ready for the longest part of them all, reaching 800 words!

I apologize if this one is so angsty compared to the other recent ones, this was just a very sensitive and personal subject to me and it felt natural to involve first hand experience since I believe in authenticity. I'd also like to apologize if it seems like Mark is whiny but if you have experienced this I'm sure you can relate.
Rated M for possibly being triggering for various reasons [mental breakdowns, anxiety, (mentions of) panic attacks, depression etc].
Word count: 804
_____________________________

It wasn't a secret that Mark was introverted. The members of GOT7 found out after Mark went through something that could almost be called a semi-mental breakdown. The other members enjoyed being social and found no problem in being around people for ages. Mark however, had a huge problem with that. It had been stupid not to tell right from the start, but Mark felt ashamed because it seemed like something unnatural. He usually woke up an hour earlier to be ready to face the day and thankfully had an hour or two during the evening to himself, where he could relax and breathe. Because he felt it was very unnatural he decided to try something new. He was going to push himself to his limits and spend his own hours with the others and he actually managed four calm days without any time on his own but then the big breakdown happened and it had scared all members. They obviously had no idea what was happening and when one member went missing for a couple of hours without a trace, thankfully it was their day off, they couldn't help but wonder if they had done something bad.
When Mark finally came back, the others could finally see how exhausted he looked. His breathing was labored, he was slightly shaking, he was pale - he looked like he was about to collapse any second. 
"Mark?", Jackson had called out and stepped forward to grab his arm which resulted in Mark flinching away before realizing what was happening. That was his cue to go to their shared bedroom.
"I'll handle it.", Jackson told the others who were all frozen. This had been so unlike their eldest hyung.

Jackson carefully opened the door and slowly made his way into their room. Mark was sitting in the corner of the room with his legs pulled up against his chest, his arms and head resting on top of the knees. Jackson felt his heart break when he could hear quiet whimpers and sobs.
"Mark?", Mark froze. He didn't want Jackson to see him like this. It had been embarrasing enough to enter the dorm earlier. "Honey, what's wrong? Are you alright?"
Those words. Mark didn't understand why but every single time he felt sad or on the verge of breaking down in tears, a simple 'are you okay?' would be enough to break his walls. In this case too.
Jackson went to sit beside the older and his back. "Shh, it's okay. You're okay. Just breathe."
It took almost an hour for Mark to calm down completely and Jackson sat by him the whole time, whispering sweet nonsense in his ears.
Mark took a couple of deep breaths and he couldn't describe the amount of pleasure it brought to him. For the first time in what seemed like forever but probably was just a few hours, he could feel the air properly enter his lungs and fill him up.
"Do you feel better?", Jackson whispered. Mark nodded. "Do you want to talk about it now or later?"
Mark hoped Jackson would ask something as simple as 'do you want to talk about it?' without mentioning when so Mark could easier get out of the situation. But now he had no choice.
"What happened?"
"There's something you need to know.", Mark mumbled and felt the tears block his vision once again. He was tired of crying but didn't have any energy to wipe his eyes. He felt completely done. "I'm...I'm an introvert."
Jackson's face showed the expression that's involved in cartoons when a character gets a light bulb over their head. Finally he understood.
"Don't cry, sweetie, it's okay.", he said as he noticed how Mark was on the verge of breaking down again. He pulled the older closer, making sure he still had some space. Jackson read somewhere that if someone is having a panic attack you shouldn't be too close, though Jackson was very sure this wasn't a panic attack. It was better to keep a safe distance and make sure Mark wasn't feeling smothered.
"I just want to be normal", Mark said between sobs.
"You are, Markie...Being introvert doesn't mean you're less normal than extroverts or ambiverts."
"I'm so sorry for this."
"Don't be. It's not your fault."
"How about resting for a while and talk to the others tomorrow?"
Mark just nodded. He really did not feel like talking to the others about this.
Jackson stood up and brought Mark with him, making sure to hold his hand tightly. Laying down beside Mark, he let his arm rest around the older. Mark leaned forward to lay his head on Jackson's chest, which was Jackson's cue to pull Mark close.
"Can you promise me something, Markie?", Mark nodded.
"Please tell me next time, don't hide."

_____________________________