15. Moon

Love, Sweet Love

Word count: 495
_____________________________

Mark would often come to question how Jackson picked him out of all people. Mark could name at least ten other people in the matter of two seconds that would fit Jackson better. He wasn't complaining, no, that was not it. He just simply couldn't understand Jackson's way of thinking when it came to love.
Jackson, on the other hand, didn't think twice. There had been times he thought they would never be able to get together due to various reasons but he believed fighting for the guy he loved was the least he could do without having to actually work since loving Mark became his way of making his heart easy. It became such a natural thing to do, he didn't have to think to even compliment the older. He felt lucky to have someone as Mark. 

"Jacks?"
"Something wrong?"
"Why me?"
"What do you mean?"
"You could have literally anyone and you picked me. How come?"
This was a rather usual conversation shared between the two but somehow the conversation never came to a closure.
"Mark..."
"I just simply do not see what's so attractive about me except for my looks."
"At least you finally acknowledge your great looks, now that's a good start."
"I'm serious!"
Jackson sighed. "What brought this on?"
"I just...I watched our After School Club episode and it didn't feel like such a contrast between us this time but there surely was. We were told to have a good balance but compaired to you I'm the moon while you're the sun. You like shone so bright with your unique charms and dashing smile..."
Jackson smiled. "Of course you won't see your own charm because you're always so harsh on yourself. You did great in this episode and there's nothing you can say about it to change my mind."
Jackson knew Mark didn't believe him so he kept going, in hopes of somehow convincing the older even if it was just slightly.
"We're all not the same. Not all people are born with your looks or safe aura. That's something I wouldn't in any way mind having. Sure, you might be the moon who just happens to need some sunshine to shine as bright as the sun but that's just the way it is. That's the way the universe works. Besides, if everyone had the sun's power, everything would be too bright. The sun would need to share to in order to obtain some balance."
"I didn't know you were this good with words..."
Jackson laughed. "I'm not, really, and that's something I have to work with."
"You really do not have to. You already have this thing with words."
Their lips collided. Jackson knew it wasn't the last time this question would get brought up and that was okay. Feeling insecure was okay.
"I don't care that you're not as loud as I am, quite the contrary. It makes us an extraordinary couple. The sun and the moon couple."

_____________________________