Chapter 4

Two of Me

“Thanks," Taehyung said.

Manager Song looked at him with a worried expression on his face. “This is only because I don’t want you to waste your youth inside a company or under stage lights all the time. I really do think you should be able to go out for a breath of air without people running you over.”

“Don’t worry, Uncle. I’ll be careful. Thanks, again.” Taehyung gave his manager a sincere smile. Manager Song sighed, but his gaze was affectionate. He wished the rest of the world would know that the popular but arrogant singer had a soft side to him.

“By the way,” Manager Song spoke out quickly, “here is the thing you were looking for. Let me tell you, it wasn’t easy to borrow it from my friend’s son.” He handed Taehyung a card.

He glanced down at it. It was the student pass to the inside of the buildings of Sungjong University. The photo on it was of a boy with brown hair. The name inscribed at the top was “Jun Hong.” He was apparently a junior. A grin formed on Taehyung's face. With his numerous connections, Manager Song made every little thing possible.

“Don’t lose it. The kid is going on a vacation for a month to volunteer in Cambodia, but he’ll need it when he gets back. Make sure you don’t let anyone see the ID on the card,” Manager Song warned. “Also, it’ll be smart not to stick around the Economics building. That’s the kid’s major. The students there will start to get suspicious.”

Taehyung nodded. He reached over and picked up the bag of clothes Manager Song had brought him.

Promptly walking to the full-length mirror, he proceeded to change his fancy designer clothing for one of those free give-away T-shirts and simple khaki shorts. He carefully pulled the brown wig over his shag of blond-dyed hair and secured it. He quite liked the bluntly-cut front bangs of the wig, which made him look younger. Removing his custom-made leather shoes, he donned a pair of black sneakers. Manager Song even threw him a pink baseball cap, which he put on backwards. Lastly, he placed a pair of huge circular glasses with a frame of black plastic on. He grinned at himself in the mirror; he could barely recognize himself. The fashionable singer had become a normal street boy.

Since he was supposed to be a student, his manager had even prepared him a black backpack. He slung a strap over his shoulder. “I’ll come back by seven,” the idol promised as he left.

Taehyung waltzed across the street, unable to hide the foolish grin on his face. No one was so much as giving a glance at him. He was tall, but he wasn’t a giant. He was muscular, but no one could tell under this loose-fitting plain T-shirt. His wig covered his forehead and his huge glasses prevented anyone from seeing his sharp eyes clearly. Anyways, no one would expect him to be around and about in public in broad daylight.

As he passed a magazine stand and saw several recent photos of him on the covers, he smirked. He wondered if he dared to buy an issue and walk around with it in with the front cover in plain sight. He doubted that anyone would still recognize him unless they paid really close attention to his face.

In a few minutes, he was standing in front of the university campus that he had seen Eunkyung run towards the first time he met her. With his unfading grin, he began walking towards the buildings.

**********

In front of the Journalism and Broadcasting building, Eunkyung was standing near the doors with Iseul. Eunkyung was staring critically at her friend’s clothing. Iseul had on a baggy denim vest with the sleeves torn off and several funky pins secured on it. Underneath, she had on a tie-dyed tank top. From the front, it looked like she was wearing denim shorts, but from the back, it looked like she was wearing a denim miniskirt. Her white shoes had a conspicuous design stitched on the sides and her long socks were mismatched.

“It’s fashion!” Iseul cried out before Eunkyung could let out a sigh. Eunkyung could never understand her friend’s so-called creativity, although Iseul did major in Fashion Design. She decided to just say nothing her friend twirled around her with a new, wackier outfit every day.

Eunkyung glanced at her watch. “I’d better go inside to grab a good seat before the lecture begins,” she said. That was when Taehyung appeared in front of the two girls with a satisfied expression on his face, although he was standing a yard away and the girls hadn’t noticed him yet.

“Wait!” Iseul put a hand on her chin. “You know, last time we saw Taehyung Kim it was around here. Do you want to meet up near the convenience store from yesterday after class? Do you think that we will be able to see him again today? If we do, it’ll be like destiny!” She smiled dreamily. The said idol couldn’t help but smirk when he heard the last word.

Eunkyung scoffed, hitting her friend lightly on the back of the head with a palm. “I despise people like him! I never want to meet him again!” Taehyung winced at the aggressiveness of her tone.

“But you have to admit that he was cute!” whined Iseul.

“You have Hoseok!” Eunkyung said, exasperatedly. She added in a grim undertone, “I swear, if I see him again…” Her voice faded away when she looked up and saw the face of the person in front of her. Her jaw dropped.

“Oh my gosh, it really is Taehyung Kim!” Iseul shouted. Taehyung began glancing around, checking to see if no one was close by.

He gazed at Eunkyung, who had a frown on her face. He bit his lip, unnerved by the hostile expression. He opened his mouth. “I’m sorry, but I b-believe you got the wrong person. I’m not Taehyung Kim.” The words poured out before he could think.

“Stop joking! You’re obviously in disguise! You look exactly like him!” Iseul insisted, going over to get a closer look at the boy’s face. Widening his eyes, Taehyung stepped back. He wondered if his cover had already blown.

 


I hope you're enjoying the story so far! Comment and subscribe!!! I love feedback~! :)