Chapter 26

Two of Me

That day, a tall boy with blonde hair and a pair of huge sunglasses was standing outside the Sungjong Journalism and Broadcasting building. As soon as he spotted the girl he had been searched for, he quickly walked up to her. He stepped in front of her, blocking her way. The girl looked up and shock flickered on her face. Then she frowned.

“So now you’re dating her? After trying to chase me, you’re moving pretty fast.” Eunkyung hated the jealousy rising inside of her. Feeling embarrassed that it was the first thing that came out of , she turned and began briskly walking away.

“Eunkyung, wait up!” Taehyung lunged and grabbed her arm. She twisted it, trying to escape, but his grip was like iron. “Just listen to me!”

“I said I don’t trust you!” she cried out.

Taehyung battled between anger and frustration. “Eunkyung, it’s not real. She threatened to hurt you if I didn’t go along with it! She had photos of us; she said she would send them to the press! It’s a fake relationship; you know better than me to believe in everything the press says!”

“Let go.” Eunkyung struggled to adopt an emotionless tone. Taehyung’s grip slipped and she used the chance to run away. Tears began to escape from her eyes.

“Eunkyung!” That one word from his lips conveyed his desperation and frustration. This time, instead of angrily watching her go, he broke into a run to follow her.

The crossing light was blinking green, but Eunkyung dashed onto the crosswalk anyways. Only Taehyung saw the oncoming car, which was driving obviously above the speed limit. “Eunkyung!” Fear coursed through him – it was as if he were seeing his own life in the middle of danger.

He didn’t know what came over him. A powerful surge of energy shot through his body and he leaped on the street, reaching towards Eunkyung. The only thought on his mind was to save her. It was like everything was in slow motion. His hands came in contact with her back and he shoved with all the strength in his arms. The last thing he saw was Eunkyung sprawled out a few feet away, fallen but unharmed. They met eyes for a split of a second. Her eyes were wide with horror.

A small smile of relief graced Taehyung’s face, and then blackness met him.

**********

Eunkyung was sitting next to Taehyung, who was lying on the hospital bed, unmoving. He looked like he was merely sleeping, but the doctor said that he had received quite an impact on his body when the car crashed into him. The doctor said that they should be at least thankful that it hadn’t been a truck; afterwards, he left to leave the two alone inside the room.

Picking up Taehyung’s hand, which had been resting at his side, Eunkyung gazed at the boy’s face. “Don’t die,” she whispered. A tear rolled down her cheek. “Please, don’t die. I never got to tell Taehyung Kim that I loved him.” A sob escaped from her lips as she broke down. Clutching the limp hand to her heart, she shed tears until rivers flowed from her eyes.

**********

Taehyung’s eyes slowly fluttered open. He felt like he had woken up from a long dream. Glancing around, he noticed that he was in an unfamiliar room. Then he spotted the girl next to him, who had fallen asleep sitting on a chair. Her upper body was bent down and her head lay near his pillow. Memories started flowing into his head. Worry and then pain. So much pain.

Feeling overwhelmed for a moment, he closed his eyes. Taehyung opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was Eunkyung’s hand wrapped around his own. Hope and love filled him, making him forget the horrible emotions from the past.

Eunkyung stirred. She sat up and was about to lift her hands to her eyes to rub them, but a hand feebly tightened on hers. Widening her eyes, she realized that Taehyung’s brown eyes were staring intensely at her.

“Taehyung! You’re alive!” Tears of relief began forming in the girl’s eyes.

A small smile formed on the boy’s face. “I’ve missed you,” he said simply.

 


Could anyone make me a cover graphic for this story? Thanks!!!! ;)

As always, love you, subscribers, commenters, and readers!!!!! <3