Chapter 31

Two of Me

“I am so not dating him!” Krystal snapped. She threw the magazine back onto Mr. Lee’s desk. “I only wanted him because he was number-one idol. Now he’s quitting! I’d rather date an actor.”

The CEO of SM Entertainment laced his bony fingers together. “This may be better,” he mused. “If our rival Big Hit loses its best idol, its stocks will steeply drop.”

Krystal rolled her eyes. “At least contact another idol I can date to raise my popularity. How about someone from our company?”

**********

“If I trip, it’s going to be all your fault,” Eunkyung warned. Taehyung was leading her while she was blind-folded.

“Just a few more steps!” Taehyung laughed. After the girl took another several steps uncertainly in the direction of his voice, Taehyung went over to stand behind her. He untied the blindfold. “Tada!”

Eunkyung slowly opened her eyes. In front of her, there were several small candles on the ground. The tiny flames sparkled in the night. The candles spelled, “Marry Me.”

A gasp escaped from . She turned around to face Taehyung, who had knelt to the ground. He removed something small from his pocket – a case – and opened it. Inside was a sparkling diamond ring.

“I know that I still have to wait two years, but this promise will be forever. I promise that I’ll always love you with all my heart. I promise that I’ll stay beside you not only during times when you laugh, but also times when you cry. I promise that even when I’m not physically next to you, I’ll be with you forever in spirit. All you have to say is yes.” Taehyung’s eyes had an unusually serious light in them.

Eunkyung hesitated. The boy’s eyes wavered, and then with a squeal the girl threw her arms around the boy. “Of course,” she whispered. “Always, my answer will be a yes.”

A smile blossomed on Taehyung’s face. He stood up and took her left hand. Smoothly, he slipped the ring onto it.

“You already have the ring on!” Eunkyung exclaimed when she spotted a similar ring on his own hand. “You knew I’d say yes, right?”

Taehyung smirked. “We already promised each other that we’d marry. This was just an official proposal.”

Eunkyung playfully smacked his shoulder. Then she turned to see her surroundings. “Why, it’s the Han River,” she said as she saw the familiar waters that looked black in the dark.

“It’s the happiest place I’ve ever known,” Taehyung said. He put an arm around her waist.

The two stood together, looking at the dark river. They couldn’t be any happier inside their hearts.

 


So I finally finished the story! Taehyung and Eunkyung's happy ending!! <3

Thank you so waiting so long for the grand finale, readers!! I really appreciated all my subscribers and commenters!!

Remember to check out my other stories!