Chapter 14

Two of Me

Eunkyung closed her eyes tightly. Her stomach was already doing flip-flops, although the ride hadn’t even started. “I’m not sure this is a good idea,” she mumbled.

Taehyung turned to her and smiled. He hadn’t known Eunkyung wasn’t fond of roller coasters, and her frightened face was adorable. Reaching out a hand, he reassuringly held one of her tightly clenched fists. “It’s alright,” he whispered. “I’m right here.” However, the girl gave no sign that she heard him. She was too busy trying to keep her lunch in.

As the car lurched up the steep incline, Eunkyung kept her eyes tightly closed. Taehyung’s eyes were on her face the whole time. As soon as they reached the very top, he impulsively leaned over and kissed her cheek.

“What?” Feeling something soft touch her face, Eunkyung eyes flew open. At that moment, the car fell downwards. A scream escaped from the girl’s lips. As the car accelerated, Taehyung laughed and let out a whoop. As the car whizzed around on the tracks, the kiss was forgotten and Eunkyung kept screaming for her dear life.

The car slid into a stop at the exit. Stray hairs partially covered Eunkyung’s deathly white face. “Are you okay?” For the first time after getting on the ride, Taehyung began to worry.

Five minutes later, the boy and girl were sitting on a bench inside the park, with a cotton candy in each of their hands. Eunkyung’s face was rapidly gaining color back, but she still looked a little queasy.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” Taehyung asked for the hundredth time. Eunkyung nodded. He studied her face and was thankful that she didn’t look like how she did a few minutes ago, when she scared him nearly half to death.

Feeling playful, he suddenly offered Eunkyung a bite of his untouched blue cotton candy. The girl shook her head quickly.

“Why not?” he teased. “It’s probably a different flavor from your pink one.” He refused to take the cotton candy away from near her face until she took a bite.

Sighing, Eunkyung complied and leaned toward the fluffy candy. At the same time she took a bite, Taehyung leaned over and did the same at the other side. The girl’s eyes widened as he smiled innocently at her.

Letting out a laugh, he took his cotton candy and began eating it. Speechless, Eunkyung gazed at him as if seeing him for the first time. Was V acting this way because he had finally come out of his shell?

They finished their candy and rose to walk around. A few feet away from them, a balloon vender was standing with his left hand full of strings. Above him, round balloons of all the colors of the rainbow floated. Taehyung grinned. “Should I buy you a balloon?” he asked Eunkyung.

He spotted a girl with pigtails who looked about five or six looking up at a balloon vender. The look on her face told him that she was about to cry. As they got closer, he heard the vender stating in a stern voice, “It’s 1,000 won for one, little girl. If you don’t have money, go bring your parents.”

Taehyung snatched out a 1,000 won bill from his wallet and handed it to the vender. “I’d like that blue one, please.” Wordlessly, the vender received his money and gave him the balloon, which was a pale, soft blue.

“Here you go. What is your name?” Crouching down, Taehyung offered the girl the balloon. The girl’s expression changed from sadness to surprise. Uncertainly, she accepted the string. The blue balloon floated in the air above her.

“I’m Ina,” she said shyly. She smiled, showing a cute gap where her front teeth should be. “Thank you. It’s the color of the sky.” A smile formed on Taehyung’s face.

He stood up. He turned to face Eunkyung, who was standing next to him with a gentle smile on her face. “Would you like a balloon too?” he asked. She shook her head, still smiling.

“Come on, then, let’s go on another ride. You can pick,” he said.

Eunkyung reached over and took his hand. Taehyung’s eyes widened – it was the first time she had ever taken the initiative to hold hands. Laughing at his weird expression, she pulled him towards the merry-go-round.

 


A chapter full of fluff! <3

Double-update! :)