Chapter 27

Two of Me

“Stupid!” Eunkyung hastily wiped her remaining tears with a sleeve. “If you truly loved me, you would just refuse Krystal! We’re supposed to go through everything together. Even if someone threatens me, you should ignore it and hold my hand. If the love between us is strong, we’ll be able to fight through all the storms in our path.”

“But… but you said that you didn’t want the press to chase you around all the time. You said that you wouldn’t be able to bear it. I… I wanted to protect you.” Taehyung’s voice was weak.

“That was before I knew I loved you!” the girl cried out. “I don’t care anymore! I can withstand everything and anything if you’re next to me the whole time. When I thought that you were going to die…” A tear slid down her cheek.

Taehyung smiled. He reached out a trembling hand and cupped her cheek. “Then stay with me. Stay with me forever,” he whispered.

**********

It was a week later when Taehyung received permission to leave the hospital. His body was still weak, but it seemed like the accident did no permanent damage.

Taehyung and Eunkyung were walking alongside the Han River, holding hands. The water glimmered under the sun.

“Okay, then. The only thing left for us is to get married,” Taehyung declared.

Speechless, Eunkyung’s eyes widened. “That is not funny.”

“I’m not joking.” His expression was indeed serious.

Eunkyung gaped at him. “What? We’re too young!”

“What are you talking about?” The idol had a thoroughly amused look on his face. “I was finished with school when I graduated high school, since I’m an idol. And last time I checked, I was twenty-three and officially an adult. I’m free to marry.”

The girl opened , and then closed it. She opened it again to say, “But I’m still a university student! At least wait until I’m done with college!”

Taehyung put a hand to his chin, as if seriously considering things. “So if you graduate in two years… I’ll have Manager Song schedule the wedding the very month after your graduation ceremony. Is that alright?”

“Aren’t you being too hasty?” objected she.

He frowned and shook his head decisively. “We love each other. What more is there to decide whether to marry?”

Biting her lip, Eunkyung’s face portrayed her uncertainty. “How about your job as an idol? Wouldn’t it be affected if you get married early?”

Taehyung reached over to grab her hand. “Anyways, I’m thinking about retiring early from this industry and collaborating with one of my sunbaes to compose songs for younger idols. All we have to do now is to wait for you to graduate so we can get married.” A teasing glint crept into his eyes. “You should consider yourself lucky to be the fiancé of someone like me.”

Eunkyung just rolled her eyes. However, a soft smile was on her lips.

 


Ah! And that was the end!! Thank you, readers, subscribers, and commenters for coming all this way with me! :'D

 

If you enjoyed reading this, check out my other fanfics!

If you're interested in a little more drama and the life of gangs, check out World of Shadows. It's an Exo fanfic about a girl whose brother is the leader of the gang Exo-K. There's plenty of romance and comic relief there, too.

If you're a BTS fan, subscribe to House of Secrets. It's about a girl who disguises herself as a boy in order to find her brother and ends up living with the Bangtan Boys.