Chapter 23

Two of Me

A man was laughing while sitting at his polished, antique desk. His features were tinted with greed and his beady eyes were examining a stack of photos in front of him. “This is going to be easier than I thought,” Mr. Lee stated aloud. A wicked grin crept up his lips. “Too easy.”

**********

“Ms. Eunkyung Jang?” Eunkyung started when she heard her name being called. She looked up to see a man in a suit approaching her. He stiffly bowed. “Hello. I am the personal assistant of Mr. Lee. He has asked to meet you for a moment. Could you spare the time?”

The girl’s eyes rounded. “M-Mr. Lee?” she stammered. Wasn’t he the mean-looking man from the party she attended with Taehyung? How did he find out her identity? “I know no such p-person.”

The man just stared at her blankly. “He said he would like to see you for a moment, Ms. Jang.”

Eunkyung ended up following the man while searching for a good excuse in her head. She was led into a black car and was dropped off at the entrance of the SM Entertainment main building. Swallowing back her nervousness, she went inside and a pretty secretary led her to the main office.

Mr. Lee was sitting behind his desk with his fingers laced. He had been obviously waiting for her with eagerness. He motioned to the chair in front of him. Eunkyung paused to survey her surroundings, and then went to sit in the chair.

“I heard that you wanted to talk to me, Mr. Lee,” Eun-kyung stated. “What is it you would like to talk about with me?” If this was about Taehyung, she would give him a curt answer and leave.

“Ms. Jang. A pleasure to see you again.” Mr. Lee smiled, but it was more chilly than warm.

“I don’t have much time, so I would appreciate it if you got straight to the point,” Eunkyung said bluntly.

The CEO laughed coldly. “What an interesting girl. You know, I’ve taken quite a liking to you since the party a few weeks ago. That’s why I would like you to know a little secret.”

He pushed several photos onto the table facing Eunkyung so she could see. The first photo was of Taehyung walking to Manager Song’s office. The second was of him leaving the office as V. The third was of him on the sidewalk on the way to Sungjong University, adjusting his wig and glasses. The fourth one was of her and V walking in Han River Park while laughing together. The last one was of her yelling at Taehyung on the rainy day.

Eunkyung froze. She could not believe her eyes. “I-I don’t understand,” she whispered.

“A pity. You seemed like a bright girl.” Mr. Lee leaned forward. “If you don’t get it yet, I have lots more photos to show you. However, I’ll save time and get straight to the point. It seems like you don’t like Taehyung the idol, but you enjoy the company of the Taehyung who disguises himself to look nothing like himself. Doesn’t that mean that he was deceiving you all this time with a different identity?”

The girl’s hands trembled under the desk. It couldn’t be true. Taehyung was an arrogant idol while V was a caring and thoughtful exchange student at Sungjong. However, photos didn’t lie. Or…

“I didn’t Photoshop them,” Mr. Lee added, as if sensing her suspicion. “Why don’t you go straight up to him and ask?” He smiled without any mirth, but he was feeling quite satisfied inside.

“I recommend that a smart, motivated girl like you shouldn’t be dating an idol, whether or not his disguise is convincing. If this leaks out to the press, the only one who gets hurt is you. I’m sorry that you were in the dark this whole time. If I were you, I’d cut off all contact with him.”

Eunkyung stood up abruptly. “If that is all, I will be going now, sir.” She promptly left the room, many complicated thoughts whirling inside her brain.

‘It can’t be true,’ she repeatedly told herself. But it all started to make sense. She could understand why V was never there when Taehyung visited her. Also, at the coffeehouse that she visited with V, Taehyung had found her and let it slip that he knew she didn’t like coffee. Only her close friends and V knew that fact. Also, the two looked so similar that they could be twins. Or just the same person. Eunkyung closed her eyes, feeling tears prick her eyes.

 


The !!!! What will happen next?

Thank you, thank you, readers!! And I love you, subscribers and commenters! :D