Chapter 2

Two of Me

As Taehyung entered the tiny convenience store, he gave a hurried glance at the person behind the counter. Thankfully, the cashier was an old man who didn’t give him much of a glance. He fought to keep the rising grin off his face. Glancing at his iPhone, he realized that it was already two in the afternoon. He had been super lucky today. Even though he had freely wandered about the streets and ate a red bean cake in one of the street stalls, he hadn’t been noticed by anyone. Deciding that he’d go get himself a drink, he headed towards the fridge in the back.

Eunkyung passed the boy, oblivious of him standing there, for her eyes were on the line of fridges. As if he had sensed her presence, he turned. Her face was still fresh in his memory enough for him to immediately recognize her. Taehyung’s eyes followed the girl and his mouth opened slightly in surprise. He couldn’t believe the turn of events.

Impulsively, he cried out, “Hey, girl!” Eunkyung turned her gaze towards him with startled eyes, her hand still on the knob of one of the glass fridge doors.

She narrowed her eyes, recognizing the blonde hair only all too well. However, she said nothing.

“Don’t you have a mouth? Do you really not know me?” Taehyung burst out. An annoyed look rose on his face.

“You’re the guy I bumped into this morning,” she replied bluntly. She would refuse to give him another apology if that was the reason why he was speaking to her.

“Not that! I mean, don’t you recognize me from somewhere else?” His eyes were serious, yet the look on his face told her that he was on the verge of exploding with anger.

Eunkyung raised her eyebrows. Was this someone she should know? Maybe he was a sunbae or a fellow club member attending her university. But then, if she had seen this guy before, she would definitely recognize the shaggy blond hair. “I’m sorry,” she said.

“I’m Taehyung Kim!” he snapped. Eunkyung just stared blankly at him. She racked her brains. The name still didn’t ring a bell.

“Don’t you know Taehyung Kim?” He pointed to the rack of magazines nearby. Two of them had photos of him on the front cover. “I’m Taehyung, the top singer of Big Hit Entertainment! Don’t you know how popular I am? Nearly every person in this country knows me! Every student, whether in school or university, has heard of my name at least once or has seen me on TV! Did you live under a rock until today?”

Eunkyung found herself gaping at him. Her cheeks were tinted red – she had never been insulted by such a rude stranger before. “I don’t care if you’re the President of this country! I’ve never heard of you! Get out of my sight!”

“Eunkyung!” A feminine voice interrupted them. Eunkyung’s best friend, Iseul Lim, entered the store. She had been waiting right outside the door for Eunkyung to come out with two instant coffees. She stopped right in front of Taehyung with her already-big eyes as huge as circles.

“It can't be! You’re Taehyung Kim, right? I can’t believe it! You’re even better-looking in real life! Can I take a picture of you?” she screeched. Taehyung felt the familiar prick of irritation, but it turned into smugness when he saw Eunkyung staring at him and her friend with a flabbergasted expression on her face.

“Of course. Anything for my fans.” He managed to smile as Iseul snapped a photo of him with her phone. She kept chattering about how handsome he was. Taehyung’s eyes were entirely on Eunkyung, who seemed somewhat subdued, although she was still obviously infuriated inside. Taehyung smirked at her. “Well then, see you someday, girl-who-lived-under-a-rock.” He left the store, forgetting his drink. The image of Eunkyung suppressing her anger remained on his mind, amusing him.

“Oh my gosh!” Eunkyung exploded as soon as the door shut behind the boy. “How rude can one person be?”

“But isn’t he really hot? I can’t believe I got to see him in real life!” Iseul squealed, hugging Eunkyung’s arm. She had a dreamy look on her face.

Irritation bubbled inside of Eunkyung. She snapped, “Who cares if he’s famous or good-looking? He’s obviously rotten inside. He’s full of himself, and on top of that, he’s annoying and impolite. Those are the top characteristics I really dislike in a person. I hope I never see him again.” She spat out the last sentence with finality.

 


Please give me some feedback!! And of course, subscribe~ :)