Chapter 11

Two of Me

Taehyung was late for the first time since he had disguised himself as V. He uttered a groan as he broke into a run. He needed to reach the Journalism and Broadcasting building early enough to greet Eunkyung when she exited her building. It was because one of the hairdressers had taken his brown wig. This morning, he had gone to his dressing room to find it gone; his manager had to go buy another one for him by sprinting to the nearby salon.

His phone rang. He thought about ignoring it, but when it persistently rang for the second time, he finally gave in and grudgingly removed it from his backpack. Glancing at the screen, he found out Mr. Bang, his company's CEO, had been calling him. He quickly pressed the “accept” button.

“Yes, sir?” Haneul said, struggling to hide the irritation in his voice.

“Taehyung. I’ve thought about SM’s party and I decided that you could bring the girl you wanted to be your partner. Mr. Lee has told me that he has not invited the press, for he would like it to be a strictly private, business-like party of elites inside. If you can, I would like you to bring this girl to my office today at four. Before allowing you to go with her, I believe I should see her in order to make sure she isn’t the troublesome type.”

“Really?” The idol’s mood brightened considerably and he couldn’t check the delight in his voice. He was glad he had picked up the call. “So if I bring her to you in an hour, I can go to the party with her?”

“Don’t be too hasty. After I meet her, I will make the final decision.” As Taehyung was grinning, Mr. Bang hung up. He turned a whole one-hundred eighty degrees and started running towards the company building again.

**********

“Argh! I can’t believe the Professor gave us another essay! I mean, I really like doing his essays, but two weeks before midterms?” Eunkyung groaned.

“Come on, girl. Just search for a bunch of information from the Internet and put them together into a thousand words. It may take a few hours, but if you start randomly lengthening things out, it’s not that big of a deal,” Iseul said.

“Iseul, do you really think she’ll be satisfied doing that?” Hoseok laughed. “That’s your style of doing homework. Knowing Eunkyung, she’ll spend countless of nights doing research and trying to make it her best work yet.”

Iseul rolled her eyes, but there was a smile on her face. “Well, sorry for putting so little effort into essays. However, as a Fashion Design student, I learn more by planning the actual outfits and fashion shows, not typing a bunch of words. Also, Eunkyung isn’t in that great of a mood today.” Iseul nudged Hoseok and tip-toed so was near his ear. She whispered, “You see, when she was finished with her classes, V wasn’t waiting for her.” Hoseok covered his mouth with a hand to prevent Eun-kyung from seeing his smile.

“It’s fine.” Jin put a comforting arm around Eunkyung’s shoulder. “I’m sure that everything’s going to work out well. Also, think it this way: that essay may help you a lot later in life.”

“Whoa, check out that car!” Hoseok cried out, interrupting the conversation. The others turned to see him pointing at a black Mercedes-Benz on the street.

Iseul grimaced. “Boys and cars,” she muttered.

To the four students’ surprise, the car slid to a stop next to the sidewalk a few feet in front of them. The door to the driver’s seat opened and Taehyung exited, wearing his huge sunglasses. His bright blonde hair shined under the afternoon sun. He walked towards them in a relaxed manner.

“Hello, Eunkyung,” he said. “I thought I’d find you here.” He studied Jin for a moment, and then casually pushed his arm off of Eunkyung’s shoulder. Taehyung grabbed her arm. “Mind coming with me right now? Before a crowd forms?”

Eunkyung bristled. “How did you know I go to this university? Anyways, why are you here? I told you that I never want to see you again. In. My. Life.” She spoke the words with exaggerated patience.

Taehyung arched an eyebrow. “Sorry to ruin your wish, but I have an appointment with my company’s CEO today and I’m expected to bring you.”

Eunkyung’s jaw dropped, but she quickly closed it. “What?”

The next thing she knew, she was inside the luxurious car. He had managed to drag her and push her in within seconds, despite her kicking and shouting. Jin had stepped forward, much to Taehyung’s annoyance, as the other two friends stared blankly at the idol and Eunkyung, but Taehyung had pulled the girl out of his reach. Swerving onto the road, he wondered how many students had stopped in their way to see the unusual scene. He hoped no one took a picture to upload on the Internet. Mr. Bang wouldn’t be very happy then.

 


I promise I'll upload the next chapter later today!!

Also, please comment!!! Your feedback encourages me to keep writing! :)