Chapter 13

Two of Me

“What did he want with you?” Iseul repeated. Worry was etched onto her face.

Eunkyung let out a big sigh. “He wants me to go to a formal party with him in a few days. His company’s CEO wanted to see me because of that.”

Iseul gasped dramatically. “No way! What did you tell him?”

“The CEO told me to think about it. I did. I think I won’t go.” However, Eunkyung said the last sentence without much confidence. The CEO’s words rolled around in her head, confusing her. To prove to the upper class what? What could someone like her do?

“Oh, V! Where were you yesterday?” Iseul’s voice snapped her back into reality. Eunkyung raised her head to see the familiar brown-haired boy staring back at her.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t… I mean, I didn’t mean it… Actually, I had to go talk to a professor about a-a research project…” the boy mumbled.

“It’s fine! We were just worried, that’s all!” Iseul interrupted, cheerfully.

Eunkyung gave him a short nod of acknowledgment. “I… have to go now,” she said. She quickly entered the building.

Iseul crossed her arms. “I thought she’d be happier to see you.” She glanced at Taehyung. “Don’t worry; there was an incident yesterday that apparently traumatized her. She’s weird today.” Guilt crossed his features. He turned to walk away.

Iseul grabbed his arm, surprising him. “Wait! Let me make something sure,” she said. The seriousness of her eyes shocked Taehyung even more. He stopped.

Iseul stared at him sternly, as if she were his mother. “You know, Eunkyung’s never been interested in a boy before. However, you’re different. Do you like her?”

Taehyung was taken aback by her directness. “Y-yes,” he managed after a while of silence. “Yes,” he repeated, in a stronger voice, “I like her a lot.”

Iseul nodded. “Thought so. Then you’d better take good care of her. I swear, if my best buddy’s heart breaks for the first time in her life because of you, I’ll make sure you never see the light of day again, got it?” Taehyung nodded with round eyes, scared of the girl’s angry countenance.

“Okay, then!” Iseul immediately turned back into her cheerful self. “See you later!” Waving cutely, she ran off. Taehyung blinked rapidly, wondering what just happened.

**********

“I’m sorry,” Eunkyung apologized. “I-I wasn’t myself this morning. I couldn’t sleep after… yesterday.” Her tone lowered.

Taehyung looked at her with concern on his face. Did that meeting stress her so much? He had to prevent himself from reaching out to cup her pale cheek.

“You know what?” He slung his arm around Eunkyung, shocking her. Eunkyung stared at him with wide eyes, unable to understand how the quiet new student was acting so extroverted. “When I feel down, I know the perfect place to go.” Before the girl could say anything, Taehyung grabbed her hand. He was thankful he borrowed Manager Song’s car today.

In thirty minutes, the two were standing in front of the entrance of Everland. Eunkyung stared at the sign blankly. “An amusement park?” she mumbled, as if in a daze.

Taehyung chuckled. “It’s been a long time since I’ve been to one of these. Now I have an excuse to go to one.” He grabbed Eunkyung’s hand again and pulled her toward the ticket counter. “Come on! You know, it’s my first time to bring someone along.”

Eunkyung stared at Taehyung’s excited face. A small smile appeared on hers. This side of the exchange student was new to her, but she didn’t dislike it. Cheerfully, she followed him inside.

 


I <3 you all, subscribers and commenters!!! I really appreciate you guys reading and showing an interest in my story!

Please stick with me until the end (don't worry, it's far off)!! :D